Friday, February 11, 2011
We think he is finally bulking up!
The last 8 weeks have been more than trying. Excitement, Stress, Joy, Fear, Happiness, Sleeplessness and Chaos. (I think that covers everything.) Last week was particulary terrible and ended on Friday with Daniel screaming from 9am-6pm (then Andrew came home to the war zone and the screaming persisted) he would eat last Friday and cat nap maybe 15 minutes at max and the screaming would come back full force. Burps...no burps...Farts...no farts. Does he want held? No still screaming. Does he want to lay out and kick? No still screaming. (I am not meaning fussing or wah-wah crying I mean blood curling screams.) Nothing helped. Aidan continued his normal day with his loud singing and clapping and narrating books we have read or movies seen from memory and wanted a constant response from me that I heard him or knew what he was talking about..ie. story or movie. Logan was doing his thing with his normal fits of rage (thank you terrible two's and frustration of not speaking). So I am sure the screaming baby was overstimulated by his Brothers (as was I) and the rest of us were overstimulated by the crying baby. See the pretty picture I am painting?! SHEER CHAOS! It is so overwhelming to try everything and find you are no comfort to your Baby. I found a connection though..the probiotics I was giving him to help with the antibiotics the Doc wrote for him...have dairy in them. Yeah...connection here...Soy milk...he seemed better..gave him probiotics with traces of dairy...screaming. Well, Friday was the last hoorah he was happy Saturday and so on. This week has been much better. This child farts like a 200 lb grown man though. The gassiest thing ever. From all of the reading I have done...a child with a milk sensitivity has the same symptoms but diarhea and Daniel has been bound tight with no help from anything we tried. Needless to say this week I found an article at Dr. Greene.com that a lot of babies with milk sensitivity actually have constipation. DING DING DING!! And a study they have to show it. They said it can take up to 2 weeks for them to clear dairy from their system...and all the breastfeeding info you read says if you have a baby with "colic" to eliminate dairy from your diet (ie. milk, yougurt, cheese, butter..) WHAT?! That is all I eat especially when I need a quick snack. I did not eat dairy at the hopsital but came home to have cheese and crackers as a snack...I was nursing and realized I needed to eat I would say, "Hey Andrew! Grab me two cheese sticks please!" I am hungry and what do I want for breakfast? A yogurt and whole wheat toast with butter. Hmmm..now this explains why the child puked on everything we gave him! Why he wouldn't poop and would ball up, get rigid and scream his little heart out! Oh yes and if a baby has reflux AND a milk sensitivity then their reflux pain is only exacerabated by the milk issues. Wow! Aren't we a bundle of information! This week has been MUCH MUCH better. However, when he starts to fuss and I can't seem to do much for him (and this time I mean just fuss) I get overwhelmed and worried that we may be taking 10 steps back. So, these pictures are Daniel at 8 weeks old sleeping peacefully. :-) <3 What a looong 8 weeks. Oh yes and starting last Friday he just started eating and eating and eating....by Sunday night he looked like he chunked up some! What do you think?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment