Mid April, I turned 30.
The next morning Andrew went into work super early. (He works 7 days a week to help off set the cost of therapies.) He came home with a tomato plant, a cup of Starbucks and a biscuit. I was excited to have him home and had high hopes of spending the day with My Boys. I wanted to go strawberry picking and plant my veggie/herb garden. That was my "dream birthday."
Well, the farm nearby was closed for ripening. I tried to find another farm near but most were closed on Sunday. After many foiled attempts we made our way to the Farmer's Market. I was enjoying walking around and looking and dreaming of all the things I would love to plant.
After 20 minutes or so Andrew said, " I don't mean to be an ass but.."
I wasn't sure where he was going with this.
"I made plans for you today and someone is supposed to pick you up at noon and I keep sending them texts pushing back the time. Can we hurry it up?"
I said, "Well, why did you go along with me wanting to go everywhere?!?!"
He said, "I can't think on my feet!"
So, we picked up the pace and headed for the van.
I then played 8 million questions with him on what he had planned.
He would not budge.
On the highway I saw one of my friends. I tried to wave but she was all eyes on the road. (This is a good thing!) So I sent her a message saying, "I saw you on the highway!"
We arrive home and I see a van parked out in front of our house.
Andrew did at least say that she I were going to lunch.
So my friend and I got in the van and went to lunch.
As we pulled up to an already planned place I wondered if Andrew had made more plans than lunch with me and a friend. I quickly passed off the notion and was happy to have a lunch date.
Then we walked inside and sure enough there was a table of friends waiting there. Andrew was busy inviting people to come and getting something coordinated.
It was a very nice surprise and had a great lunch with friends. If only I was prepared I would have take a picture. After I came home snuggled my Boys and loved it.
My Grandfather in Ohio is the oldest of 8. One of his younger Brother's (#6 of the 8) had been sick. That night when Grandpa and Grandma called to wish me 'Happy Birthday', Grandpa told me they had just visited Uncle Jack. Grandpa said he did not think Uncle Jack was long for this world.
Grandpa then told me they talked about a story that Uncle Jack would tell me every time I would see him. Seriously..ever since I was 4 years old and got into Uncle Jack's skoal. That would always be the first thing Uncle Jack would say when he saw me.
About 20 or so minutes after I got off the phone with Grandpa and Grandma, my Mom called to tell me Uncle Jack had went to Heaven. I know I call him Uncle Jack because he is my Uncle. If you get technical he is my Dad's Uncle, but due to my Grandpa being the oldest Uncle Jack was only 9 years older than my Dad, Jack was much more of a Big Brother to my Dad.
It was a great wonderful 30th Birthday but also a little sad. Uncle Jack passed away at the young age of 69.
Then we walked inside and sure enough there was a table of friends waiting there. Andrew was busy inviting people to come and getting something coordinated.
It was a very nice surprise and had a great lunch with friends. If only I was prepared I would have take a picture. After I came home snuggled my Boys and loved it.
My Grandfather in Ohio is the oldest of 8. One of his younger Brother's (#6 of the 8) had been sick. That night when Grandpa and Grandma called to wish me 'Happy Birthday', Grandpa told me they had just visited Uncle Jack. Grandpa said he did not think Uncle Jack was long for this world.
Grandpa then told me they talked about a story that Uncle Jack would tell me every time I would see him. Seriously..ever since I was 4 years old and got into Uncle Jack's skoal. That would always be the first thing Uncle Jack would say when he saw me.
About 20 or so minutes after I got off the phone with Grandpa and Grandma, my Mom called to tell me Uncle Jack had went to Heaven. I know I call him Uncle Jack because he is my Uncle. If you get technical he is my Dad's Uncle, but due to my Grandpa being the oldest Uncle Jack was only 9 years older than my Dad, Jack was much more of a Big Brother to my Dad.
It was a great wonderful 30th Birthday but also a little sad. Uncle Jack passed away at the young age of 69.
2 comments:
That was a fun day! Yummy Mexican!!!
I was sure you would get there before I did! It was a lot of fun, I was glad to be able to be there to celebrate!
Post a Comment