Sunday, September 16, 2012

Up and Coming Events

This year I am happy to say, we created a team for the Autism Society of NC in honor of Our Bitty Boo.  
Last year we missed out. We learned of this event after the fact. I told my Mom then and there that this year will be different.  I am sure as the years go by I will feel more organized and have a better idea of how to be a Team Captain.  I know that may sound silly but it is something very important to me.

I am very lucky to say that the wonderful group I work out with has decided to join our team too.  Bitty will have a good sized team.

Anyways, I would love to write more but yet again cannot focus to save my life.  I have no ability to get out words on what this means to me or to give it the justice I feel it deserves.  I used to have coherent thought and hope to regain that ability one day.  For now this remains a bland post of something I want to do and hope that others may want to join our team and/or make donations.  Donations are greatly appreciated whether they are your precious time or  monetary form.  Everything matters!  

Here is a link to our team if anyone wants to check it out.  Pretty basic set up they have but it gets the job done. 


Saturday, October 13, 2012
The Triangle Run/Walk for Autism will begin with a USATF certified 5K competitive run at 9:00am in Moore Square. Following the competitive race there will be a non-competitive 5K Run/Walk, a recreational one mile Run/Walk, and a one block Kids Dash.

There will be musical entertainment throughout the morning and a children’s play area with face painting and an inflatable castle. A variety of businesses, service providers, and local support resources will be available to showcase their products and services.

Proceeds from the Triangle Run/Walk for Autism support the statewide programs and services of the Autism Society of North Carolina. 


Each day two North Carolina families have a child diagnosed with a form of autism. The incidence of autism Is now 1 in 110 births and 1 in 70 for boys.

Individuals on the autism spectrum and their families need help and support in order to reach their full potential as contributing members of society.

No comments: