Sunday, July 21, 2013

Our Summer..

I have been a bit quiet on here.
Trying to find time to post.

But once the Boys get to bed
sometimes I am done too.
Or
If I try to write during the day
I don't want to miss my time with them.

Things have been on and off hard lately.
It is the ebb and flow of life!

Keep on truckin'!
Just some challenges with extreme criticism
due to a crazy 2013 so far
for a large portion of our Family.
Family..as in the extended Family too.

Some years are just like that and we keep moving on.

The weekend after VBS we celebrated my local Grandparent's 82 Birthdays.
My Grandpa's birthday is in April and all of our Family
did not get together like we usually do.
So, when my Grandma's birthday came
we celebrated both of theirs.

That said, I still have all 4 Grandparents!
All of them are now 82.
My Grandpa in Ohio will start the turn in
November, he will be 83, then my Grandma, his wife will be in
February, then my Grandparents here in NC are like I said before
April, then June.

Our Family is so incredibly lucky!
I know it has been a hard year for us all
but for us all to still be here together
is a blessing for sure!
All the crazy included. :)
So lucky,
My Grandparent's here in NC (my Mom's)
have 6 Grandchildren and 6 Great Grandchildren.
My Grandparent's in Ohio (my Dad's)
have 5 Grandchildren
and
10 Great Grandchildren.
Like I said, a blessing!!

Then all of a sudden it was July.
Of course, I wrote about he 4th.
I have a few photos on here now.
Still need to upload the videos to You Tube.

Aidan in a nut shell.  Drawing, using some of the "Little's Legos" and his trial run for the 4th
The weekend after the 4th we headed down to the coast.
My Parents have recently bought a boat.
A dream come true for them.
So we spent two days on the boat with them.
First time our Boys have been on a boat.
They did pretty well
and
we would cruise the first part of
the morning and wait for the tide to go out
then head over to a sand bar that shows up
and it's a nice “beach”
for the hours of low tide.
The Boys LOVED it
and
we caught a decent sized hermit crab too.

Bitty loved all the dogs people would bring with them
and
of course one of those days my Brother was
there
and
his pup Jefe boated with us.
It was very nice.



Been keeping it calm, the heat and humidity are in
good force.
Not as bad as some summers.
We have had a TON of rain.
So, that has limited some outside time too.

Must head to bed soon.
Tomorrow is MRI day and Neuro-oncologist appointment.
That said, I haven't done a count down like “normal”
one for sure being that would be a crap ton of
count downs for how long this will continue
and
how often also.

I also have been critiqued on my openness of discussing it.
I was told I am obsessing over it.
You know, it is on my mind.
I do forget it and then all of a sudden I remember it.
It all seems like a dream at times
then I get the nerve regeneration pain
where I had the craniotomy.
Which it is still numb so for it to hurt is strange for me.
Also, sometimes the numbness goes to tingling.
Sometimes the numbness still spreads to my eye.

Other times I forget I have it but rub my head
and
well, it's numb
or
I hit the scar and think,
“Man! I have some zits there!”
Then realize, they are not zits, I am touching my scar.
Or I pull my hair back without thinking
and you can see the area where the hair is different.
That said, I notice it because it is not how my hair used to be
people who don't know otherwise wouldn't have a clue.

That said, it really isn't bad. My hair there is growing out
and just has a different wave to it.
So when straightening my hair
and it doesn't comply as it used to.

Or I forget something I never would.
Or get an email reminding me of an appointment
or
with new results.
I still get those.
Just a constant.
Oh yes, and the first week of July
the disorientation and extreme light sensitivity came back
as bad as it was in January 2012.  Which is what caused my first EVER MRI 
and tomorrow will be my 8th ever and 5th one this year. 

Some days I don't have quite the energy at times
but it is a TON better and my more “normal” energy days
are more at least to 80% now.

My workouts are getting better too
but again
I use less weight then before
(another reminder)
and
just started being able to run.

I have chose to keep using the lighter hand weights
so I can gain back better with running
and when that gets good
then increase my weights back
to where they were.
I have a plan and modify it as need be.
As what life is.

You have to go with the flow,
fight where you need it
and
know when not to.

So yes, I think about it,
have to budget for appointments
and scans especially with our benefit period starting over soon.
I must think about it
most times not by choice
just by reminders.
I do prefer to be open about it because
I want to be.
I am not scared most days.

That said, I am a tad nervous the last few days.
First time in months.
I don't know why
and
that is OK.
Tomorrow will be here soon!




1 comment:

Karen said...

How can someone tell you that you that you're obsessing about something that has completely impacted your life, every day little bits and big things as well... that's baffling. Ignore people like that; you don't need that kind of negativity in your life! (As some popular Memes would put it.)
I am following your journey and read all your updates. You are in my thoughts and prayers often.
Keep on kickin' it, lady!!