Tuesday, October 8, 2013

D and Preschool

Daniel has been in preschool for a month now.
Well, today he is having a day off
due to his crazy cough.

He has loved it.
(So it seems.)

His first few days of drop off was a
little teary.
He was a little confused at pick up also.

However, he now goes smiling,
wearing his backpack
and
walks right in with minimal to no
look back!

It is a new preschool for us.
It is much closer to where Aidan goes to school.

So far, we love it.
It seems really good
and
we have been out and about
and
ran into one of his Teachers.

I have a small basic collage of his first day.
L-R, Top to bottom: In the van on the way, an attempt outside of school,
his thought of running out of the room, me leading him in, Big Bro Bitty trying to figure it all out,
Mom and Dad poses and the backpack that was delivered after the first day.

Again, since I have waited so long
my memories are dim.

He smiles and sings
and
when we pass by his school
on a non-school day
he will wave and say,
“Bye School, I see you Tuesday!!”
or
“Bye School! Have good weekend!!”

So, to me this tells me he enjoys it.
The teacher sends daily emails
(of the days they are in school)
and
it has pictures of the kids throughout the day.

We love those emails because
of course at 2 years old
we don't get a play by play of the day.

Well, from our experience with the Biggun'
we barely got that during any preschool
and
are just getting a bit more from Kindergarten.

The photos give us a chance to ask
the right questions
and
possibly get an answer of sorts.

A two year old answer of course,
but that works for us!


DD seems to truly enjoy his preschool
and
I hope time slows some so we can
not miss a beat or memory.


I have been so behind on here..
there is a lot going on..
I got another MRI and met with my neuro-oncologist,
there are some big changes coming for us
hope to get back into a routine
and keeping this updated for all
who are interested
and
coming up this weekend is the
local Autism Society 5k!

I hoped to post about our experience
with Autism and have slacked on that..
I really think I need 36 hours days..
some days for more sleep
but mostly more time to get things done..


No comments: