Going crazy?
Very possibly.
I am eating some chocolate and pretzels and sipping on a beer.
Yup.
It has been a while since I posted.
We as normal have had a lot going on!
We sold our home we built!
After 8 years, we moved across town (nearer to Aidan and Daniel's schools.)
We now have a bigger yard
and
about the same size square footage. (a tad smaller..like 50 sq feet)
We closed on the new home on October 11.
And the closing of our "old" home was on the 15th.
We thought a few days overlap would ease the move.
Hah!
We can dream right?
Here we are still in a mess.
Supremely disorganized and tired.
Logan had to go to a new school since we moved into a
new county.
He is doing pretty good.
The house we bought was empty since April.
There were a lot of repairs that need to be done
and
will still need to be done.
Since it was vacant it was a bit yucky!
Lots of cleaning to do.
Still not to my liking and soon enough will feel like our dirt.
That said, it feels like home.
The other house took almost 8 years to feel like home.
Funny, huh.
I wake in the morning and don't expect to see our giant
vaulted green bedroom.
I am still not alarmed of the room I see
just go. Oh! Funny I did not expect to see the
bedroom I slept in for 8 years.
I have never really "moved."
Back in '83 my Parents moved to NC.
They are still in that house.
My "moves" I remember are going to ECU
and
marrying Andrew!
Andrew however, has a lot more moves that than under his belt.
Some he may not remember much.
His Dad was in the Air Force.
Well, funny, to say, Andrew
was born in Germany.
Yup.
From Germany, to Virginia, to South Carolina
to North Carolina.
Yup, he has moved around some.
We had some great help
and
our very Thankful for all who helped us.
In the midst of all of this.
Logan got an earlier than scheduled call in with his
Geneticist.
No answers, it turned into he got some weird genes from me.
Then his Doctor turned to me and it was like
an appointment for me.
My job is to inform all of my Doctors about this genetic mutation.
It is related to a rare disease called, "Acute Intermittent Porphyria."
My family doctor informed me I need to see a hematologist.
So, yup.
Never dull and all has to happen at once!
I don't remember if I ever updated on here.
I saw my Neuro-oncolgoist in September and am
able to stretch it to 3 month between visits versus
2 months.
I will take that.
As November turned, I was thinking,
It has been forever since I have seen them!
It does seem like it because I would be prepping myself for
the visit that would be coming.
SO yes, it feels like forever.
It turns out to be on the anniversary of my
MRI last December that scheduled the biopsy.
That said, I feel like crap in general
and
am feeling worse about this.
It seems like a dream.
At almost 8 months out I really almost think
it was a bad dream.
I was perky and positive then.
I am having a harder time now.
It is sinking in.
I try not to let it get the best of me
but
it is just a constant reminder.
It bugs me that it bothers me.
I want to go run.
But I am not because I feel like crap.
But maybe if I run I will feel better?
But if I feel worse, I will have set myself back.
Anyways, I have lost my focus.
I must make dinner.
We moved.
There is a lot going on.
What's new?!
Our chaos and we keep on truckin'
just hoping to get back to
my positive me.
This non-positive me needs to go away and take a
long walk off a short pier.
I don't have time for her!

No comments:
Post a Comment