Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Another catch up attempt

So I hope to have a few minutes
and 
the moment I start to type the Little's start whining. 
We shall see how this goes. 

A lot is going on...

We had all of our duct work torn out, 
a new furnace and air conditioning unit. 



That took two weekends of work. 
And a lot of cleaning. 
We have new register vents downstairs
and
have a few ones to put in upstairs 
over the next couple of months
all of those will be replaced. 
They are round vents and cost more than a typical 
floor vent. 

My dizzy spells are better and the constant 
congestion of the Boys has dwindled 
now that we don' t have leaky ducts 
that are full of 40 years of dirt, dust, grime
and 
mold. 
We learned that people's chaseways are not usually replaced. 
Ours however, was rusted out
 and
 at one point
was duct taped together. 
When checked out, it was no longer connecting the 
two air returns.
 Instead of pulling air through the 
filters, it was pulling air from inside our walls
and
from our upstairs main attic. 

Mmmm...

Logan began potty training willingly at school
and 
after a week we took it over at home. 
His Teacher has done it this way before with much success. 
He is doing really well, honestly!
#2's are not but he is dry most every night
and will even stop playing (even if outside!)
and go pee!

It has been a few weeks. 
I have sent out questions on the Special Needs message boards, 
researched books, tips, anything. 
His bowels are not regular so some of our structured teaching 
tips we received the other year was on the "schedule"
so from what I see at times kids like him can take 
1-2 years for the bowels or maybe never. 
We shall see. 

We had his IEP meeting it went pretty well. 
There is a difference from county to county
and 
I questioned about a few things. 
That requires a post on it's own don't know
when I can get that done. 

Aidan turned 6!  
I cannot believe it!
A hand full and now starting the second. 
He is doing pretty well. 
I got his room situated and cool weather clothes exchanged
so he is doing better. 
He doesn't function well in the disorganized mess
of change. 
Once things get uncluttered
and
clear he does much better. 
Especially, in the comfort of his bedroom. 
He says he likes this house, he does miss the old one. 
I asked what did he miss. 
(Since he would complain about how hot the back yard was.)
He misses his neighbor friends.  
Totally, understandable. 
I have been in touch with their Mom
and 
over winter break hope to meet up. 

In the midst of striking some poses..he was being a goof!



Our Sweet Baby D is loving school
and 
the new backyard. 
Today is Day 7 of him potty training!
I really wanted him started before he turned 3. 
We tried sometime this year.  I don't remember when exactly it was. 
I want to say June, when he was 2.5 like Big Bro Aidan. 
It just did not seem like his time. 
So, here we are and he is doing great. 
By Day #2 all on his own he did a #2 in the potty!
Now, he is similar to Aidan and a bit timid on 
the big potty and prefers the little ones. 


He has also become an example to Logan of how 
we mean "pooping in the potty."
There has been some potty competition
by their choices 
but it has only brought more motivation for them to go. 
We will go with it unless they get mean
but so far it has only seemed to bring them 
closer together. 
The Little's are really interacting more 
and 
have conversations with each other. 
It's beautiful well, until they start getting mad at each other. 
D's food sensitivities have become worse. 
I am wondering if it will calm after the nasty from the old duct work
subsides. 

Our big dog Cooper has had some problems too. 
He went to the vet just over a week ago.
After a long list of medications 
and 
a bath to help soothe his skin. 
He is doing better.
The vet has called to check up on him. 
And he seems to all of a sudden
fit into the the hypoallergenic 
state of our family and/or not typical reactions
to medications. 
He is on a steroid which usually makes people/animal gain weight/retain water
he has gotten skinnier. 
The vet and us are on the fence if this means
his skin was that swollen (and very well could be)
or 
if he is having a bad reaction to the steroid. 

Andrew's Thanksgiving days off, turned out to him being at work
every single day of the break. 
Working late at night to early morning 
just so he could be a part of Aidan's Birthday
and 
take care of what needed done at work. 

I ran another 5K.  I did not train for it
and 
with the move have not been as active as I was. 
And the worst part I walked a small portion of it...
I need to find the way it works to maintain what I was 
doing before 
and /or 
more. 

I did however get things more organized. 
Our office is not unpacked
and 
a large table is my sort. 
BUT I am able to sort!

I also have been able to some checkbook balancing
and
bill pay. 
This is what I did since babies were born. 
We do it together
but I do the data entry
and 
put things where they should go 
and 
make it all work. 
Andrew has been doing this since well 
before March because I hit a point
where I just could no longer do it. 
And by recommendation from my 
neuro-psychologist that I was not ready for that 
and it would come with time.
So, 8 months later I am working on it. 
Funny thing is, I think I saw her at Target just this past Monday. 
I am not sure and could be totally wrong
but it was  a woman who looked like her. 

19 days until I meet with my neuro-oncologist and get my next MRI. 
I have had a lot more headaches and a WONDERFUL (sarcasm)
migraine. 

I am also in the process of battling our insurance company with 
Logan's gene mapping. 
It came back with nothing showing any "reason"
for his blood sugar issues, odor-ific atonic episode, his eye
flitting into the back of his head, his grey face tone in stress
and 
limp moments with no odor. 
It turned into his Geneticist facing me
and 
concerned with me. 

He does have some off genes from me. 
Two with no real known significance 
and 
one that they know causes issues.
It won't become an issue until later in life. 

After a series of questions she asked me, 
then she informed me of the gene
and
then told me I must notify all of my 
doctors immediately. 

My family practitioner wants me to see a hematologist 
So, that is in the works.  

It is a rare disorder that some people with the mutation do 
not have any issues. 
Others do. 

It answers a lot of issues I have had. 
It also has a very long list of medications that are not safe 
and 
that I can have a bad reaction to. 

Quite a few medications I have pointed out to Doctors 
before knowing anything of this
are on that list. 
So, like I have had the 1-3% reactions
yup, that would be where it came from. 
And issues I have had for years 
with no answers only a few hopeful suggestions
from a few good doctors. 
Now, it seems there are answers. 

So, I think this covers it. 
Yet another long post. 
Never boring, never dull. 

We did get our tree up 
and 
more Christmas decorations to come. 
And having some wonderful interactive moments with 
our Boys with each other
and 
all of us together. 

Three years ago, just before D's big eventful arrival
we never could have guessed where 
we would be right now. 

We have had a lot of big down hills in our
roller coaster of life, 
but we are here together
and
 getting to enjoy all of our 
ups together. 
No matter how  little they may be at times
they are indeed ups. 





No comments: