I am having a hard time.
I am exhausted no matter how much I
sleep
or
how active I try to be.
I am also having a hard time
focusing
and
haven't shaken yesterday yet.
I guess just as the children I am a
creature of routine
and habit.
I got to read to D's class.
So I parked in different spot of
his preschool.
Once the reading was done,
school was over.
I took D and Logan and we went to
where I parked.
I got the Boys in the car and drove
home.
I pulled into our drive, put the
van in park,
turned off the van
and
our Logan was standing behind me!
Apparently, I never strapped him in
and he did not
complain.
I feel like a horrible failure.
I have before wondered if I did not
strap them in
due to habit and ritual
and
will look in my mirror for a
visual.
This did not happen.
Thankfully he was not hurt
however, I am hurt with myself.
I am not happy about it
and can't shake it.
I then later on unbuckled him after
getting him from school and forgot
I did that (the unbuckling).
Then I panicked if I forgot again (to buckle him)
but when I retraced my steps I am
99% sure
I did unbuckle him.
Earlier this week I was so happy I
made a big dinner.
I got everything finished together
at the same time.
Nothing was burnt and
was served warm (not hot or cold)
I feel like I just finally broke in
the
kitchen at this house.
I also cleaned up.
So a complete meal start to finish.
One that required chopping stuff,
while cooking
and baking multiple things.
I feel like I passed a dip in the
roller coaster of life.
But then I forgot to buckle Bitty..
Then last night I reheated
something on our
“low output” burner,
we have a gas stove.
At bedtime I I thought I smelled
gas in our upstairs hall way
but,
blamed it on just having the stove top
blamed it on just having the stove top
on earlier.
I did not say anything
and
convinced
and
convinced
myself not to check it.
I fell asleep pretty quickly,
I was wiped.
I woke when D climbed in our bed
after a while I kept smelling gas
again.
I mention it to Andrew.
He did not smell anything. I laid
there in bed telling myself it was
nothing.
Andrew gets up and showers and I
pass back out.
(like I did not sleep the entire
night.)
The next thing I know the 2 kids
that were in our bed
were gone
and
Andrew is waking me.
and
Andrew is waking me.
I indeed smelled gas,
he confirmed the burner was on all
night long.
It was on low so you could barely
see it.
So, as I know I should trust my
crazy dog nose,
I am glad that I trust my gut
and
don't store things over night on top our stove burners.
don't store things over night on top our stove burners.
Say like a child's lunch box..
I know I should trust my gut
I do and at times I try to convince
myself
it is just paranoia or just flat
our crazy,
then things like this happen
.
.
I was right..I know better.
Sometimes life is just ca-razy,
It could be worse, it could be
better.
So many people go through so much
more so why complain?!
I am nervous and exhausted today.
Tomorrow, I am signed up to run a
5K.
I wanted to go to it last year but
was only
10 days post craniotomy,
but
I REALLY wanted to be there.
but
I REALLY wanted to be there.
It is “Ella' Race.”
A little girl used to go to Aidan's
school.
A couple years ago she passed away
from
a diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma,
an inoperable aggressive brain
tumor.
My Sister had told me about her,
I, at the time signed up for her Family's care page to
I, at the time signed up for her Family's care page to
follow.
I learned of her passing
and
it made me sad.
and
it made me sad.
February 8, 2012, this was 12 days
prior to
me learning of my irregular MRI.
So, last year her first 5k in memory
of her I felt I really
wanted to go.
This year was a must.
It will also be a practice 5K for
me
in prep of the Angels Among Us.
I have not been training like I
want to.
Today, my chest burns and stomach
flips
on top of
just being exhausted lately
and
always feeling car sick when I am
just looking down
in a non-moving car
or
not even in a car.
or
not even in a car.
Tomorrow, will also be a big day for
Aidan also.
He is coming to the 5K too.
He also wants to run...
He is coming to the 5K too.
He also wants to run...
At his school when you are in
Kindergarten
you get assigned an 8th
grade Buddy.
Well, Ella has a big brother, he is
now in 8th grade.
He is Aidan's KinderBuddy.
I wasn't surprised when I found
out.
I was also informed that the school
“manipulates”
things.
That said, well, perhaps the school
is just trying
to help people have Faith.
Inspire Faith, that is so lacking
at times
in this world.
Inspire that people are brought
together
for a reason
or
moved apart for a reason.
**Not speaking of a child's passing **
**Not speaking of a child's passing **
Like I said last year, I REALLY
wanted to be there
and
toyed
toyed
whether I would introduce myself
or
if I would chicken out
or
be observed as an odd ball looney
toon.
I can only say trust your gut
and
have Faith.
Having Faith doesn't mean
that things don't hurt,
or
you don't stress.
It all just happens.
Stressing, worrying, hurting
does not mean we don't
have Faith.
Perhaps, it is just a calling to
show us where
were should look.
We can try and fail
over and over again.
We may learn things are not to
happen
as this time..
or
or
That there are bigger and uglier
things
we are being shielded from.
It doesn't make sense at all.
But, it is not for us to try and
understand.
We have Faith that this is the Path
we are to travel.
Do we struggle?
Yes
and
we must carry on.
Do we all fail at this?
Yes, yes we do.
We ALL do.
We must get back up and carry on.
That said,
I am picking up my tired self
and
going to check on our Little's.
going to check on our Little's.
I am going to aim to get things
done I hope to today.
I am going to hope
and
fight to
and
fight to
have patience,
happiness
happiness
and
make sure I do not over look all of
the little Blessings that
will shine today.
And try to forgive myself for all
of my forgetfulness
yesterday that has only increased
my motion sick feeling.
Today is a new and beautiful day
and
tomorrow will be too.
Now commencing my battle with
myself...
No comments:
Post a Comment