Thursday, November 27, 2008
My First Thanksgiving
Last year I missed Thanksgiving by 3 days!! Today Mom decorated my Rocket cake for my party tomorrow. She had a little trouble with the icing bags tearing and popping. Needless to say she did not make it to Nana and Grandpop's for a visit. She stayed home smearing red icing everywhere. Dad and I went for a visit with Nana, Grandpop and Uncle Phil. I pushed around the Lion walking toy most of the time. Dad says I scared poor Gracie a good bit too. She is still recovering from her crazy illnesses. I just kept her on her toes! When we got back home Mom was still working on the cake. Dad and I saw some fire engines on the way home and it turns out they were driving through our neighborhood going to a nearby dog kennel. We watched them drive around from our back yard. We saw quite a few fire trucks, rescue trucks, an ambulance and a few more fire related vehicles. They did not stay too long so everything must have been OK. Mom finally finished the cake and we had to go to Meme and Papa's for dinner. We got there an hour and the minutes late!! (And Mom still had cupcakes to ice when we got home.) We had beef tenderloin and the works for dinner. I ate on the go. I would take a few bites of food and go play with my cousins when hunger rose again I went back to Mom and Dad for more. I played with Tabitha and the others. Mostly though I pushed my Tonka truck around because Mom and Dad let me bring it!! All the kids really like it. Mom has made a very short slide show of just a few pictures. The first two are of my cake!! I can't wait to eat it tomorrow!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment