Monday, May 17, 2010

Baby #3? Maybe...

Here goes for the "official" blog announcement about baby #3.
I put a ticker up a few weeks ago. Just for subtle effect. If anyone noticed the ticker then you may also have noted that we lost a week. I have had an uneasy feeling that it just seems too "easy." I am not sure if that is a voice letting me know something is wrong or it was just a voice that was preparing us for the first OB appointment.
Two weeks ago this Thursday we went in for the first appointment. At the OB office I go to they use the first appointment to "confirm" the pregnancy via ultrasound, a family history and a blood draw to perform a long list of state mandated tests. Our ultrasound showed a beautiful strong heart beat and a little peanut who is measuring 7 days behind. Now this means they tell me the due date is not Dec. 21 but now Dec. 28 and they need to perform another ultrasound in three weeks to see if the baby has grown. The doctor was very short and out of the room after wards. I posed a quick awkward question trying to get some sort of hopeful response. It did not work. I was off to get dressed and get my family history taken. So, it either means when we head in next week that the baby is either good or not. Fun news huh?
From the new due date they give that means I had a positive test a week early. Those of you who have tested before know that is pretty hard to come by. Oddly enough though with my sister's third pregnancy she had her due date moved back 10 days. My niece measured small she ended up coming three days after the due date my sister thought and was a whopping 9 lb 9 oz baby who was 23.5 inches long. We're hanging onto that information the best we can.
Andrew and I talked about whether or not we should post a blog about this baby or not. We decided we may as well.
I am a strong believer in the fact that there is a much bigger plan for all of us that we don't understand. We live our lives and make a plan of what we think is best but, Someone else has a bigger better plan for us all. Everything happens for the best, even though it may not seem that way at the time. We will have something to take away from the experience that ultimately makes us better people. We can't change what is going to happen or what our plan is but have faith that everything is for the best. We take each day as it comes.
On the upside I have been feeling ridiculously horrible. I am hoping that means a surge of hormones to boost baby's growth and keep them healthy. However, with my personality the worst case scenario is on my mind which is my way to "prepare" for possible bad news. It is my defense mechanism to try and "handle" things better.
On that note. All we know is we are blessed with two Beautiful Gifts from God and hope that we will be blessed with even more Gifts of Life. No matter how small and tiny there is a Life with a beating heart like you and me. For those who are willing we do ask for extra prayers for this Baby. Until the next appointment...

2 comments:

Karen said...

Goodness! I will keep your family in my prayers. You have such a good attitude, just know that God is with you no matter what happens. :)

Carrie and Andrew Rogers said...

Thanks Karen! It means a lot to us.