THE BELLY AS OF SUNDAY NIGHT:
Baby is quite an active Little Booger. Active enough I can see my belly jump with the kicks. Andrew has gotten to feel Baby moving all around too. So, yesterday we had the screening ultrasound to see how Baby is growing and if Baby cooperates their gender.
It felt like we had to wait forever!!! We finally get called back and hit the ultrasound room. We were talking to the Tech and told her of course we want to know the gender but if you tell us the Baby is a girl we're going to be flat on the floor. She starts the scan and there's Baby's Profile with hands near the face. We told her we have two Boys at home and she said, "So you want to know?" Of course we do! We did not really need much help deciphering, but yes there was the money shot and #3 is a BOY!! His heart rate was measuring 151 bpm. His brain looks good, the cord has three vessels and good blood flow. His lungs, kidneys and heart all look great. Right now he is Breech (Logan was too at this point.) Well, he is breech because he is not head down. He is just laying across my pelvis. His head at my right hip and his feet at my left. Wednesday night I when I was laying in bed he got comfortable and I had my hand on my belly and there was a large bump. I made Andrew feel it. Turns out what I was feeling was his rear end. He must be like his brother sleeping with his butt up in the air. He is measuring a little "big" (closer to the dates I had for him being due.) He is perfect. She took some 3D scans of him too. His cord is right in front of his face and he was playing with his hands. It was hard to get good 3D scans of his face because his arms were all over the place. In one his ear looks like a cone. We would see his hand wide open by his cheek, close to a fist, hold one finger up, two fingers up, make a fist, held out his thumb, pointer and pinky (looked a lot like the sign language of "I Love you" and they never stopped moving. Hope you enjoy the Ultra Sound pics! We are so excited. Andrew and I thought we would always have a brood of boys. The little girls dresses are so PRETTY but wouldn't trade our Boys for the world!
I am feeling pretty good however, this week had a lot of problems with feeling lightheaded. One time was pretty bad where my vision got dark, blurry and my legs and arms were tingling. I caught myself and sat down. We mentioned it to the OB so they sent a referral to a cardiologist just to make sure everything is fine. The OB said my heart sound fine but just wants to make sure. Her first assumption is that it is a vagus nerve response that can happen in pregnancy. One of the 12 cranial nerves and it when aggravated can case syncope. (Luckily I remembered all of this from college Anatomy and Physiology.Yeah, I am that much of a dork. :) ) I will probably have to wear a portable EKG for 24 hours to see if it picks up an episode so they can be sure it is just that. No worries though.
Please enjoy the pictures of our third little blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment