Today was Logan's 15 month check up. It was originally scheduled for earlier in the month but we rescheduled due to the invitation to the beach. Andrew is super busy at work getting his casting equipment ready and has a guy from FL here to help him get the final set up done.
Today I had to take the boys by myself. Usually Andrew comes a long. Of course the appointment was during nap time, both boys fell asleep on the way there. "Don't worry I have a plan!" That is at least what I thought...Aidan stayed asleep getting him out of the car and into the umbrella stroller he went. Logan stayed asleep too and I put him in the Ergo. Then I loaded my purse, the diaper bag and a lunch box (Logan is cutting teeth and refusing food today) onto my shoulder. We were on our way. Both boys started to wake up when I was about 20 from the truck. I wasn't turning back. We made our way inside and the boys wanted to go and play with the waiting room toys. So I put everything into the stroller and they called us back. My sleepy boys were not thrilled with having to give up playing with the toys. Aidan was most resistant since he had to walk. He stayed in the waiting room until he couldn't see me and came screaming into the back. He's two what can I say? We got Logan measured and weighed no problems. Then comes the, "I wanna peepee."-Aidan Aidan used to use public potties no problemo....then he all of a sudden decided that he is deathly afraid of all auto flush commercial toilets. He also automatically assumes that if it is not a home setting then the toilets are loud and flush on their own. He was happy to head towards the bathroom, he saw the door and melted in front of the nurses station. The sobbing and the tears for wanting to use the potty in the car. The Dr. was watching the entire thing and I told him we couldn't go back to the car. The hysterics continued and Logan joined in. I was calm and collected. I pulled out the desperate attempt of, "Do you know Aunt Melanie says Garreth has to use the potty every time he comes here. You know you are going to see Garreth on Thursday. How about you use the potty here and then you can tell Garreth that you used the potty at the Dr. just like him! Aidan's response, "Noooooooo." I was desperate. The Dr. told me she could get a bucket for Aidan to go in. So I asked Aidan if he would do that and I get a teary response of, "FROGGY POTTTTTTTTY!!!!!!!!!!!" I explained the Dr. was ready to see Logan we couldn't go back to the car right now. He was currently face first in the carpet outside the Dr's room. The nurses were taking phone calls and he is hysterical in the background. Luckily you don't get any strange or rude looks. They apparently are used to this. (Me? Not so used to it...) The Dr. was now holding Logan and I picked Aidan up off the ground. He got a hug and calmed down. I then told him he could use a bucket in the room with Mommy and Logan in there. He agreed. Whew!
He went potty and very happily took it into the bathroom to flush it and wash hands.
Finally we got to start Logan's appointment.
About 10 minutes into the appointment Aidan piped in with, "It's not loud. Aidan flush it." Geeez...just like I told him, he just had to experience it to believe me. :-)
When Aidan got the pee bucket the Dr. gave Logan a vomit tray to play with full of tongue depressors. I was SO SO thankful for her help. Since Logan never met a stranger he did not really care she was holding him most of the time.
Logan checked out fantastically! Not that we doubted he would. He has three molars and the final one is the culprit along with the "I" teeth (canines). When he has teeth coming in he gets fussy, refuses to eat, beats his ears and has yucky diapers. When those symptoms clear up we find a brand new shiny chomper.
Logan's 15 month Stats (well, 15.5 month):
Height: 30.75 in (40%)
Weight: 19 lb oz (3%)
Head Circumference: 19.25 in (90%)
Our Logan is holding strong on the skinny side. Which is nice. He is currently wearing the clothes Aidan wore two years ago at 6 months old. :-) Nice to know they were born in different seasons and yet we get the use of the wardrobe!!
Wow, we can't believe it has been 15 months since he joined us on the outside. :-) Time flies when you are having fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment