Thursday, May 5, 2011

Glad to be at the field trip.

I was really glad we were able to be with Aidan on his field trip. Things were looking that I may not be able to make it depending on what they Dr's. told me.
The past 6 days have been a bit of a stressor for us.
I have not been feeling well and was fearing more stones passing. Things haven't seemed quite right for at least a month. I could quite put my finger on it. I called my OB/GYN last Thursday to ask about it. The nurse called back and requested I come in. First thing Friday I headed in. After a quick exam they wanted to do an US. The US showed something funny, so my nurse practitioner said, "I don't know what this is but I am not very good at these things let me get an OB." After a few minutes of waiting he came in...it appeared I had a 6 cm complex cyst overtaking my right ovary. They wanted to run a CA-125 blood test and wanted me to come back the following week for a ultrasonographer to look at it. They told me to be careful with a cyst that large it could twist my ovary and cut off the blood supply. This would cause kidney stone like pain and would me a need for emergency surgery. I had to call Andrew and tell him, then I talked to my Mom. We had to wait until Wednesday. Well, Wednesday showed a 6 cm cyst. This is the pain I have been feeling. Funny thing is , I had an ultrasound in Feb and March and this guy wasn't there. I have to be careful not to agitate it and they will recheck it in July and proceed from there. They said it appears to be a "hemorrhagic cyst" and if you look into it is called a "fucntional cyst" not a complex. Either way it is not terrible news and not great news and just means I will be uncomfortable for at least 2 more months. They can come on quickly but take a while to go away. Nice right?! Surgery may still be in the future but they want to try and wait it out.
Me?! It is a bit creepy knowing I have a large growth sitting in my lower abdomen. I feel like it is a ticking time bomb...but most cases of these things they usually just go away on their own. Lots of prayers this thing goes away and never comes back!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Eep! When I went in for my ultrasound they found a hemorrhagic cyst, too. My Dr didn't seem concerned though so it should hopefully take care of itself. I will be praying for the same for you!