Yesterday, during Logan's feeding therapy he was refusing the food they offered. While refusing, a pink mark showed up on his face. It then turned red, he started rubbing it, then little hives started to manifest. He was done with food at that point. We went out into the waiting room to wait for the OT to be ready. Another little boy out there nicely said, 'That BABY'S FACE is RED!!" Logan's speech therapist was out there and said, "yes, it is, it's OK." We headed back with the OT not long after. Within minutes of starting his OT session his hand (that he was wiping the food off his face with.) looked like he had sat on it. It started to get pink, then red and then erupted in little tiny hives. He was not very compliant during OT, he refused all the oral work and then started getting really sleepy. Now his appointments currently are during nap time however, it was a different kind of sleepy. The hives began to subside and we headed home a little early. The van needed gas while filling up I rolled down the window so I could keep an eye on him. Heh. His face was puffy and splotchy and he was getting more hives again. We quickly headed home for some antihistamine. I can finish filling up the van later.
We are think we may know what it is. We'll find out eventually. ( I hope.)
When it started I texted Andrew to let him know what was going on and Andrew's response was just what I was thinking, "Oh come on."
We are dysfunction at it's best! :-)
Never a dull moment!!
No comments:
Post a Comment