Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Amazing Bitty

Last Monday we met with the school system for them to evaluate Logan for their Pre-K EC (Exceptional Children) Program.  We are not even sure if we want to send him to it and/or any preschool at this time.  We know it would be good for him and at least it gets him another avenue to receive his therapies.  We will find out on the 19th what the results are and at that time weigh in our opinions/desires.  
We originally met with them in November to give them some background on him.  Monday was for them to observe him and to hear how he is now.  
He was our Shining Star.  He did everything that he normally does.  He really liked some of the Evaluation Team.  Most were young cute women so..right up his alley.  
We were given a nice pile of paperwork/questionnaires to fill out and return also.  
They got to see how much improvement he has made since we spoke to them in November also.  
The other week his in home speech therapist told Andrew that of all the kids she has worked with, Logan has made the most improvement of all.  

Yesterday, Bit, Baby D and I had some errands to run while Aidan was in school.  At one store Baby D was in the seat of the cart and Logan walked holding my hand.  It was our best try yet!!  He did very well and then would get a little confused/frustrated on what we were doing and I would hold him until he wanted down and then he would walk some more(holding my hand).  
It was pretty awesome.  

Oh yes...I forgot to mention, I met with my Eye Doctor to.  If this thing grows it will also cause problems with my peripheral vision.  Preliminary tests were fine but they wanted to be sure.  It was fine!  (I did not think I had an issue.)  They are looking for what they call "pie in the sky."  My top right peripheral in both eyes would show a deficit.  
All is well!  What a rainy Saturday!  

1 comment:

Karen said...

Good news all around! :)