We liked the neurosurgeon I was referred to. The basic tid bits are:
-It appears to be a low grade tumor.
-Either congenital (I was born with it) or it perhaps has recently formed either a glioma or another variaton of a glioma.
-One of the considerations was possible traumatic injury (from the past) however, when I mentioned hitting my head on things and being hit in the head, he said it would have been a loss of consciousness type injury.
-There is mild swelling around it. Which makes him lean towards the glioma etc.
-For a "tumor" it is the best kind to have and located in the best possible place.
-I see a neurologist next week and will get another set of MRI's in May.
-Immediately following my MRI's I will meet with the Neurosurgeon to find out the "new" plan.
-If my symptoms worsen or change I will be re-evaluated sooner.
-The area in which it is located controls my memory and language. So we will keep an eye out for those signs.
Thank you for your prayers and kind thoughts.
We are so incredibly appreciative of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment