Sunday, February 26, 2012

Little Update (but longish...)


What’s an Anniversary without an tedious “health” update.
Tomorrow Logan meets with our local school system to be evaluated for preschool services. We are seeing what he is eligible for and what they feel is the best for him. About 4 weeks from tomorrow we will head back without Logan for an “IEP” meeting to see what they school systems says versus what we want and to modify. Tomorrow morning we will go ahead and voice some concerns and specifics we would like for Logan. Luckily our Coordinator from the our local Infant and Toddler Program is coming with us as support and help address any of our concerns we may forget.
We have notes and folders of our concerns to help us stay on our game.
It will prove most interesting.

Last Tuesday we met with the neurosurgeon to get some information on his thoughts of my MRI results. It went pretty well and we are in a “watchful waiting” mode unless something (ie: my symptoms change for the worse)
Here is some background on the situation.
For 9 years usually in high stress situations I get aura/halo migraines (maybe of 1-3 a year). I see a Chiropractor and he helps a lot. (I can ramble forever on Chiropractic, but I won’t.) Well 5 weeks ago my migraines changed. The halo went from a black spot in my vision to a flashing/electricity like activity (it looks a lot like a sparkler when you “write” with one.) I did not think much of it until I got two in one day and then three one week, then 1-2 a week for the following week. It seemed that light was a trigger for he halo activity. Our bare light bulbs coming out of the garage ceiling, the sunshine reflecting off our white window sills. After two weeks we headed into my Family Practitioner. She gave me a thorough look over, a prescription and wanted an MRI since the migraine activity changed.
I put off the MRI for about a week.
The MRI did not go as I expected, I waited the weekend and saw my FP on Monday. This post  shows what I learned that day.
The Neurosurgeon gave us a little more explanation but not much. We at least now have a “plan.”
Will post more on that soon. 

No comments: