Thursday, May 24, 2012

How the cards fell...


I owe a lot of updates on the blog.
I hope to find the time soon.

Tuesday's MRI came back how I thought.
The neurosurgeon was running behind and we waited for quite some time.
We got there at 10:30a and did not leave until 2:15p.
The neurosurgeon ended up speaking with the neuro-radiologist prior to speaking with us.
Dr. Grossi (neurosurgeon) will review my MRI with his Boss. He will also be sharing the MRI with another neuro-radiologist and colleagues at The Duke Brain Tumor Center.
The radiologist he spoke with on Tuesday he was is #2 and the one at the Brain Tumor Center is #1 and no one else come close to them.
He strongly recommends that a biopsy be done.
There is a change in the MRI. We don't have the official written report.
The most likely options are a developmental cyst or a low-grade neoplasm.
The MRI is showing it more consistent with the low-grade neoplasm, a glioma.
More specifically a Level 2 Glioma.

The Biopsy comes with risks.
There is a 20-30% chance they will not be able to identify it.
There is a 1% chance of a bleed and 3-5% chance of seizure with the procedure.

We have a few more questions for the Doctor and then will schedule the biopsy.

Depending on what the biopsy shows will determine the next step.

If it is a Glioma I will be sent to The Duke Brain Tumor Center to have it removed.

We thoroughly appreciate all prayers anyone is willing to say for Our Family.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Oh my! I will keep you and your family in my prayers!!