On Thursday, I mustered up the energy to call and ask a few more questions regarding the biopsy.
Friday afternoon Dr. Grossi called me back.
He had talked with his colleagues at The Duke Brain Tumor Center and after much deliberation they are now thinking the tumor is more possibly something called a DNET.
A DNET is something you are born with.
They want to hold off on the biopsy for now (THANK GOODNESS!) and possibly never do one.
They decided I can wait until Jan/Feb time to repeat the MRI.
The hopes is to continue to agree it is a DNET and as long as no symptoms arise nothing will be done.
He said as long as the scans look good then they will do MRI's annually until they become bored with the tumor.
Of course, if any seizures, memory or speech issues arise then I need to call ASAP.
We are relieved and happy to follow this course of action.
The headaches will continue but are related to the change in barometric pressure and not the tumor. I know my triggers so I avoid them when the headaches are present and so far that has helped keep them only headaches and not migraines.
Thank you everyone for your prayers.
I am sure we will be a little nervous come Jan/Feb time.
I am sure we will be a little nervous come Jan/Feb time.
Dr. Grossi told me that for now push the thoughts of this out of my head for now and just enjoy everything.
Sounds like a plan to us.
No comments:
Post a Comment