Oh My, it has been too
long since I last posted.
The crazy wonderful chaos
continues!
Our Biggun' finished
preschool, he met his Kindergarten teacher,
saw his classmates and
classroom too.
Here is a collage of his
preschool years.
Where does the time go?
This went so fast,
we are going to blink and
he will be in middle school, then high school
then college?!
I know each stage of life
is supremely special in its own way
I just can't have it go by
too quickly.
I know the hard days seem
to last incredibly long
even though they really
don't
in comparison to it all.
June 13th
marked 3 months post-craniotomy.
Funny enough on this day,
Aidan picked out his
Angels Among Us shirt.
Coincidence? Yes.
However, my heart always
tells me there is a bigger
meaning behind it, even if
he is not aware.
I take it as a sign.
You may not, I do.
We do what we must
but it helps me get
through days.
All of this has not been
easy on any of us in our Family.
I know this.
It also goes to show with
how everyone reacts or treats us or even just me at times.
I try to not get mad,
we all must cope somehow.
I think some days people
(not the ones in our home)
get mad that I am not mad.
I can't be mad, I have to
see the good in it all
otherwise,
I would not be able to get
out of the deep dark hole
I made for myself.
Trust me, with all we have
been through I have learned that.
It is not fair to my
wonderful Husband or our Children we have been given
That said, I am not
graceful.
I try and fail every day.
Some days more than
others.
As I got the last MRI
report, it is hard.
As the ones that started
out in February 2012, they said, “non-enchancing cystic lesion”
to the wonders of a
congential tumor, to the finding out it is a glioma, more specifically an
astrocytoma with some
oiligodendroglioma cells also.
To it being “benign”
yet I have “pre-cancer” issues
to know since surgery my
left over tentacles enhance with contrast dye
and are now deemed
“Malignant.”
Nice, huh?
That said, I am a Wife,
Mother, Daughter, Sister, Granddaughter, Niece, Friend
I won't let that shape me.
I am me, the other crap is
just crap.
It is a given challenge to
face.
I am who I am and will
continue to be me.
I will not let all of that
eat me apart.
Want a few facts?
For
every 100,000 people in the United States, approximately 221 are
living following the diagnosis of a brain tumor. This represents a
prevalence rate of 221.8 per 100,000 persons.
Tumor-Specific
Statistics
- Meningiomas represent 34% of all primary brain tumors, making them the most common primary brain tumor.
- Gliomas, a broad term which includes all tumors arising from the gluey or supportive tissue of the brain, represent 30% of all brain tumors and 80% of all malignant tumors.
- Glioblastomas represent 17% of all primary brain tumors, and 54% of all gliomas.
- Astrocytomas represent 7% of all primary brain tumors.
- Astrocytomas and glioblastomas combined represent 76% of all gliomas.
- Nerve sheath tumors (such as acoustic neuromas) represent about 9% of all primary brain tumors.
- Pituitary tumors represent 13% of all primary brain tumors.
- Lymphomas represent 2% of all primary brain tumors.
- Oligodendrogliomas represent 2% of all primary brain tumors.
- Medulloblastomas/embryonal/primitive tumors represent 1% of all primary brain tumors.
- The majority of primary tumors (34%) are located within the meninges, followed by those located within the frontal, temporal, parietal and occipital lobes of the brain (22%).
All that said, why be like
everyone one else?
This we all ready know, we are all individuals.
This we all ready know, we are all individuals.
Also, most medications.. my
body hates.
The side effects that are
in the 6% or less range I usually get.
I have always forewarned
medical staff this,
the few times I have been
a situation that needed medication.
They just all smile and go
on their way.
The wonderful
professionals I am with now witnessed it.
They believe me and now
since what happened post surgery
all my other MD's believe
too.
Never dull I tell ya!
It will only give
professionals more information to learn from.
Knowledge is power.
Since my surgery other
issues have shown up and maintained.
I will have more
information after another appointment this coming Friday.
Again, like I said
earlier. I know the facts and I know my life.
It will not take me over.
I won't let it.
Life is not easy.
I remember being told that
things that are easy
aren't worth having.
And
that is OK.
I am a tad exhausted from
last week.
Last week was Vacation
Bible School at our Church.
My Sister was one of the
co-directors in it.
Volunteers took a while to
fill in the last holes.
I told her to put me in
the least liked one.
That way the others would
more likely fill.
I have to say, last week was AWESOME!
I loved it!
Aidan thoroughly enjoyed
it and the Little's had some fun too.
It was harder for Bitty
and D
but they ended up doing
well.
We got a CD of the songs
we listened to all week.
In our home it has been
listened to for weeks before VBS.
I know they are kid songs
but
what they say are
something very appropriate to
what you go through in
life.
They fit with what is
going on for us for sure.
I oversaw a group of
pre-teen and early teenage Boys who were
to take photos each day
and create a slide show for the end of
each day and
a bigger one for the
finale that all Parent's are invited to.
It was a honor to work
with young men who
were polite, nice, hard
workers
and
were able to get the job
done with little redirection.
They also got to give
their input
and
put it into action.
I am exhausted from it
but would it again
in a heart beat.
Like I keep saying, I can
let the crap tear me apart
or
do my duties
and
make the
best of it all.
I don't want a deep dark
hole.
I can see and acknowledge
things are not easy
but
there is so much more
to everything
than just that one nasty
spot.
We are 4 weeks from my
next MRI.
With how things go, it
will be here in a blink.
My next post will
hopefully be sooner than then
and be the one I want to
give to
the awesome Angels Among
Us event in April.
They have posted on their
site
all of the photos they
took.
Just looking through them
all the other day
brought me to tears.
At times it all seems like
a dream and like it never really happened.
Then I touch my scar and
still don't have all of my feeling back
on that area..
and..
it
becomes real again.

No comments:
Post a Comment