Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Lessons for Patience


So, I have heard a few times
about how positive I am being amongst things.
I guess I can be
 but
I am at a low point lately.

At 10 weeks post-op I have hit a bump
in the road.
I am good most days but hit
a lull I can't quite seem to get out of.

I lose my patience with the Kids
and
the mess that is accumulating in the house.

The bathrooms that need cleaning,
the floors that need vacuumed
and
mopped.

I thought I could handle it on a slow pace.
So far, not quite.
It really just depends on how the day
with the Boys go.

Last weekend while in at supreme exhaustion
Andrew was picking up the mess that
has continued to be fed by the
Boys.
He ran the vacuum, made lunches, dinner,
dishes etc.

My Husband is a great support
and
a bearer of mass weight on his shoulders.

I am really only at 50%
we make it through
thanks to him.

He helps beyond belief and then some.
We don't get much time together
I am usually asleep
or
at a point lately of horrible frustration.

I did well for the first 9.5 weeks.
I am now frustrated.
And so incredibly mad at myself for being frustrated.

The mass destruction of toys
always bugs me.
Therefore I clean up or make
things go away.

We have quite a bit talked about reducing the
amount of things we have.
They aren't necessary.
Trying to convince people
that the Boys don't need toys galore.

There is just too much.
We have talked about reducing
for a while now.
The need is there
however, the energy and focus on
my part isn't there yet.

I was so tired yesterday that I
wanted to make popcorn.
Over the course of 4 hours
I got out the kernels,
the pan, the oil,
the sea salt
and the lid.

Yes, it took four hours for me to
get the focus to get out
the needed items.
By the time I got it all out
I was too tired to make it.

Insert frustration, anger,
minimal patience.

So on a Friday after a long week
my Husband comes home to a
torn apart house,
me who was half awake on the couch,
the Boys running rampant,
stuff sitting out in the kitchen
from my popcorn attempt,
and
me super grumpy about what I did not do.

I did however, wash sheets, take the Logan to school,
ran to a grocery with Aidan and Daniel.
Fed them lunch but never got that quite cleaned up,
fresh sheets on the little's beds.
That consumed all my energy.

How, do I release frustration?
Exercise, physical activity..
How do you do that when you are exhausted?

It was just a junk day.
I was asleep before 8p
and in bed until 7:30a today.

7:30 is when Boot Camp is on Saturday's.
I woke up too tired to go.
After all that sleep, still tired!

Insert more frustration there.
**Remember, I was told by many specialists
not to get frustrated at what I can't do
to give it time**

My 2 cents is:
I made it this far, why NOW?!?!

Well, the weather is beautiful, actually cool
minimal humidity.
Blue cloudless skies, nice strong breeze.

Andrew headed out and mowed the yard, edged, trimmed.

Then all 5 of us headed out back for fresh air.
Filled with supreme allergens
so now congestion, hoarse coughs,
runny noses
and
antihistamine taken preventatively.

I did a few out door chores in the back.
We took down the second level of my raised garden.
The dirt I made last year?!
GORGEOUS!!!

Yes, I bought all top soil, compost, etc.
Made some supreme soil to grow our veggies in.
Yes, I am bragging, it's super pretty!

I took down some briars growing
from our neighbors yard into ours.
Those root systems are strong.

I took it out on those guys!
Needless to say, I was just clipping briars
also reaching through the fence (the house next door is
empty and in pre-foreclosure :( )
so I have to get a handle on those briars
because they get into our yard
and go right where Logan and
Cooper love to play.

So, yes, after some clipping I took a break.
I sat on down, out of breath, and wiped.
Explaining to Andrew that when I say I
go to Boot Camp and modify my exercises.

I REALLY REALLY do!
Not that he is one to convince.
He knows and trusts me
but it was my 2 cents
due to some critical vocal parties.

I caught my breath
and
trimmed my rose bush that is
from my Great Grandma Crase's house.
Everyone has one in their yard.
After she passed away,
my Grandpa (her oldest son of 8 children!!)
made sure all of his Kids and Grandkids
have a part of her bush to keep at our homes!

I trimmed some crazy parts
and
worked on some bushes I had
moved into our back by our AC's.

That helped me relieve my frustration.
To see things how they are.
Another lesson of learning patience.

Lots of things going on, patience is key and so is trust.
There is more than must my tiredness, a few things we aren't at a point to talk about yet,
Daniel having an allergic reaction but seems to be heading
down it's nasty path
of more ring worm.
YET, NO ONE ELSE HAS IT!

A long frustrating call with a nurse at the Ped's office.
That is a whole other post of how one of my soap box moments.
Which is more so give another side others don't always get to see.

But anyways, Everyone has difficulties.
No matter what they are.
We all have them, all on different levels, all
at different times.
Anything easy is not worth having.
We all have our paths we are lead to,
our paths to follow or stray from.
Our lessons to learn
and
hopefully learn something to help others,
to make the world a better place.
No matter how little or possibly
seemingly irrelevant.
It will help someone somewhere.
We are all different.
If we all were the same how
boring would the world be?!

This is all here for a reason,
however given.

Keep Hope, Faith, Patience.

From a friend I was given a wonderful song to listen to.
A video to watch.
It is 22 minutes.

It is wonderful and sad too.
It is about a teenager who passed away this week.

But, his way of handling it.
I bought one of his songs
and will soon
buy the others.

It goes to a great cause
and
to me his song, “Clouds”
it is about his way of dealing with a terminal illness.
But, listen to it if you feel you want.
It can be put into anyone's difficult times.

To me it is a motivating song.
Take your chances while you have them,
try, you can do it.
Don't let things bring you down,
find some good in it.
Take on the challenge!

So, my main purpose
is to spread interest in this teenager.


He has a web site:

It has everyone on it.
His music, his story, the video.

It may bring you to tears.

Keep hope
and
of course buying his music
(which is addictive to me)
goes to a wonderful cause.

A simple and easy on the budget donation.
To something some may feel strongly about,
if you don't
that's OK.

We each have our own things that mean a lot to us.

Slowly, digging out and letting out frustration
and
Thank you Dear Lord for giving me
such a wonderful man
that I am sharing my life with.

I will try to keep my patience.
A constant lesson we are being given.




1 comment:

nelsonjeneen said...

Keep it up b/c you can do it! :) I am glad you are getting your energy back. I am trying to get mine back too now that i am not nursing. You are doing great!
Jill