Oh Man..It is SO nice.
Seriously..
7 weeks and 2 days later I
got to be “me”.
This sounds nuts I know.
I was able to start
something in the kitchen
and
finish it.
Like finish finish.
Our Friday nights are
pizza nights.
Homemade pizza
due too all the Boys
food issues
and
well, our budget too!
| Think I ever used this much? |
And I have to say it's
pretty good
yeah..perhaps better than
most.
Biased..sure I am,
over-confident?
No not really.
But it works for us.
Dry ingredients..
|
So, last week I made a
double batch of pizza dough
for the first time in
almost 2 months.
I baked the last half on
Sunday evening.
(And I typically do only 1
batch at time.)
But that was as far as I
got.
Tonight, oh tonight..
I decided not to use the
extra's
from last week
and
keep them in stock
and
do another double batch.
I made all the crusts,
Andrew helped prep a few
of the whole made pizzas.
I prepped the sauce with
our hidden
food in it.
Yeah..tried it last week
and it worked.
| Pizza sauce with raw spinach pureed into it. |
Last week I also found the
way
to get D to eat pizza too.
Granted he get's his own
small size pizza
that only he eats.
(this could be another
post on food issues..)
Tonight, I even cleaned up
the
entire mess I made
and
did the nightly dishes of
sippy cup parts and
straws.
Yes!
Make dinner from scratch,
cleaned it up
and
did the kitchen clean up.
Now, my Aunt cleaned up
all
the Kid's toys.
Andrew got them into bed.
Andrew got them into bed.
I did fold some towels
too.
And I just finished
painting
my toe nails for
my oldest Niece's
First Communion
tomorrow morning.
But yes, this is great!
A great night!
A night of a sense of
normalcy.
No nap today either.
Actually, I think only one
nap this week.
It's been a long week.
Monday, a normal day.
(Edit: No, it wasn't. Yes, memory fail.
Andrew had his MRI recheck done. So we were
waiting for another hospital to do it. Uggh..
Duke is WAAAAY better over Rex in that area. The techs were awesome,
the other staff not so much. ))
(Edit: No, it wasn't. Yes, memory fail.
Andrew had his MRI recheck done. So we were
waiting for another hospital to do it. Uggh..
Duke is WAAAAY better over Rex in that area. The techs were awesome,
the other staff not so much. ))
Tuesday,
was my post-op check up
which left me on cloud
nine.
It was nice to have the
professionals say I was
doing well.
Family on the other hand
are
more timid
and
still worried I will over
do it.
No worries guys,
I am listening to myself.
I know what I can do
and
do indeed push myself to
gain some
but
try not to over do it
and
if I do
then I make myself recover
from it.
I make sure I slow down.
However, I am doing well.
I really am.
I know I am not ready for
all I did before
but
really, I am working on
it.
The only way to get better
is to rest
and
I have
but to gain
you also must challenge
yourself.
So, Tuesday afternoon was
the typical Logan
OT appointment.
Wednesday, was a normal
day
with some shopping in it.
Thursday, BUSY!
Aidan had his final
preschool field trip.
My Aunt kept the Littles
so I could take Aidan on
his own.
Which was super awesome!
Get to only have “one”
kid!
I usually take Logan so he
gets the idea
of how to handle something
like that
which is usually chasing
him
as he is running away
and
getting into danger
and of course
tantruming due to not
understanding
what the boundaries or
expectations are.
I try but it's hard for
him.
I usually have my Mom or
Andrew
come and help
especially with D too.
It puts you in a position
of people
watching or wondering
and
the last field trip I took
them on
turned out people sitting
down
questioning me.
It's hard.
Very hard.
But, we all have to learn
and gain somehow right?!
Anyways, it was nice
and
an actual chance to talk
to the other Mom's
there.
First time.
Of course he's almost done with preschool now.
Of course he's almost done with preschool now.
I guess better late than
never.
Right?
Then he and I went out to
lunch
using a wonderful gift
someone gave us.
I checked with Andrew and
he thought
it was a good thing to do.
Then Aidan and I
searched for the gift I
wanted to get
my oldest Niece for her
First Communion.
Finally found it.
Picked up some things we
needed for home
and then
made it home.
Then today was a normal
Friday.
I picked up my youngest
Niece from
preschool with Aidan
and
they got a play date
together.
My Sister has been helping
pick Aidan up from
school
so I mean it was the least
I can do
and
Aidan and her are good
buddies.
You know it's just nice to
be “me” again.
Like I said I have a ways
to go
and
know that
and
am OK with that.
Not sure how all of the
Family is.
I know how Andrew is.
We talk.
We talk.
We're good about that.
That is how we signed up
for all of this.
If he thinks I need to
stop
he will let me know
but he also
knows when I am building
up.
We do pretty good.
We can yell.
We do
sometimes.
It happens.
We talk well sometimes
and
others not so much.
But, we figure it out
together
and
a lot of the time
are on the same wave
length.
We do pretty good.
You know coming up the day
before
my next MRI will be 12
years
since our first kiss.
Yes, I remember the
day/night.
August will be 12 years
since we
“officially” became a
couple.
Heck, in December
will be 16 years since we
first started being
friends.
We've been married 8
years.
Yeah..like I said..
we know each other
and
work pretty well
together.
You know, I kinda like
him.
I think he kinda likes me
too.
Just a thought.
![]() |
| Our Sweet Boys...just because. Aidan and Logan's are from March before the craniotomy Baby D's are more recent. |

No comments:
Post a Comment