So sorry I have been slow
to blog.
You know, why keep things
calm?!
Whether it's a choice or
how things tend to go.
Mostlly, it is how things
tend to go
so
if we do get a choice
we don't tend stray from
the not crazy
because we would be
choosing
the non-norm.
Anyways, yeah, so I have
surpassed
2 months to the date since
surgery
and
Wednesday marked 9 weeks.
This week I have hit a
lull.
First time in a while I
have over done it.
I did not mean to.
REMEMBER, (for the super
critical non-constructive ones)
my first and foremost
choice is to take care of the
Boys.
Boys.
That includes, diaper
changes, taking them to school, snacks, meals,
groceries, laundry etc.
Once I get the hang of
that I will do more.
That said, I have taken a
dip back into my
Super Awesome Boot Camp
class.
Why?! People may ask,
well, that is how I handle
my stress.
Is it easy to handle
stressed out kiddos,
Autism tantrums?!
(Have you ever experienced
them?!)
It is hard and after hours
upon hours of it
you know you sometimes
tend to lose your cool
especially if you don't
have an outlet.
My outlet is exercise.
The few times I can
actually give my brain a break.
I feel revived and ready
to start again.
I as have mentioned I am
no where near where I was before
with class
AND
that is OK.
I AM OK with that.
AND
THAT IS MOST IMPORTANT!
By going back to class I
handle the Boys better,
I am better for Andrew
and
for myself.
Health wise you must find
a good
stress outlet.
Bottling it up is not good
for your mind or body.
It REALLY can affect all
of your bodies systems.
Don't worry I studied for
my bachelor's degree on that.
It's not a fake thing,
it's true science.
And again why the
neuro-oncologists
are pushing for it.
OK, I need to step off my
soap box.
Andrew and I had an
unplanned trip to Texas.
It was pretty stinking
nice.
We really enjoyed it and
loved the area.
It was the first time
either one of us had been there.
It deserves it's own post
and
I will do that soon.
(Probably after the long
deserved Angels Among Us post.)
That said, I missed the
Boys.
A break is nice and the
Boys
can be a handful
but
we both still want to be
with them.
So, you know after all the
stress on them with
my surgery and recovery
let's add a trip for us to
it!
Talk about some super
separation anxiety of these
Sweet Stressed Little Men.
D has hit his limit and
was in our bed with us.
(He usually wants ONLY his
bed.)
So that was how Sunday
night went.
I slept pretty OK
and
Andrew was kicked all
night.
Monday, the Boys did well
enough.
The older two went to
school
and
I chilled out with D.
I also caught up all of
our laundry.
Then went to Boot Camp.
I came home pumped with
energy.
And had two great friends
come over for a surprise visit!
THEN came our typical
crazy.
Super early Tuesday
morning, I was already in the shower.
The Boys were all woken by
one of our smoke alarms.
Yup.
So, when one goes off it
makes all the others go off.
We have six in our house.
Well, nothing was smokey
it was just one on the fritz.
Don't worry they all got
brand new batteries 2 months ago.
Yeah...so it is hard to
pin point the fritz one
when they all are going
off anywhere from 5 seconds to a minute
you are running like fools
comforting the Boys
and trying to see
which one is the culprit.
We read up on it could be
insects or dust
on a sensor.
So, first step take them all down and blow them out.
So, first step take them all down and blow them out.
(Thanks to our air
compressor.)
Guess what...
it did not work!
And one squealed like a
fool
when being cleaned out.
So they would wait 5-20
minutes
in between going off.
Logey also has his Speech
Pathologist come in
on Tuesday mornings.
Yes...real helpful for a
therapy session!
So by that point it was
almost 3 hours of them
randomly going off
and I was
right by the dumb one.
FINALLY!
SO Andrew got it down
and we were good.
Andrew went to work,
I took the Biggun' to
school
then
Bitty, D and Me hit up
the home improvement
store.
We bought 6 new ones.
You know, if one is on the
fritz and you fix it
that pretty much
asks the rest to follow
suit.
So we took the initiative
to start fresh.
Tuesday's are long days.
Logan has Occupational
Therapy in the afternoon.
Lately, their office has
been bonkers when we get there.
So, have a stressed out
(since we were out of town),
early risen (due to the
smoke alarm),
sound sensitive (due to
constant alarm sounding) Kid
not to mention his Special
Needs
and
put him in the
overstimulating (paint and lights)
waiting room,
with it's recent increase
in crowds.
He was kind OK at first, a
little over stimulated and trying to work with it
then saw his Therapist
come out
with her current patient
then
step back into the office.
He flipped out. She came
quickly back out.
I gave her the short
update
and
since she knows him so
well
knows the crowd was not
helping.
She took him back quick
holding his small flailing
self
who ended up kicking
a nearby Boy in the head.
(He was not aiming or
aware of the other people, that was just
how stinking crowded it
was in there.)
Barely room to move.
I apologized profusely to
his Father.
Who thankfully was super
nice.
Yes, so D get's no naps on
those days
and
is tired.
Etc.
Yes, those are long days
and early nights.
Wednesday was a day of
needing groceries but
I have signed up to meet
one of my Friends and her
Baby Boy
for free play at one of
our
local recreation centers.
D LOVED it!!
But that was a long day
too.
I had an afternoon
appointment also (=no rest) then
you know the Boys wake
from nap
and the day continues.
Thursday, we needed all
groceries.
I woke early to make the
bread we were out of
and I was too tired to
make it
the night before.
I took Aidan to school
then
took the Little's on our
grocery runs.
I use coupons some but
mostly know
the stores have more
consistent prices
and the least price
of some of our big ticket
items.
So unfortunately I needed
to hit 3 stores.
Well, when pushing carts
full of groceries with
60 pounds of kids in it.
Yeah..first time I have
tried that since surgery.
I usually only go with
just D
but it did not work with
our plans this week.
So it had to be 2 kids
or
I get up super early to go
kid free
or
go super late to be kid
free.
Which means less sleep.
So obviously I chose more
sleep but
more kid weight.
It was too much for me.
Now I know where I am
and
will more easily remember
it
due to my exhaustion
level.
Only thing is, Summer is
coming up
and
will be taking all 3
Boys!
I make Aidan walk but
everyone once in a while
(pre-surgery)
I would let all 3 be in
the cart
which takes it to 100+
pounds of Kids.
Yes, that is not gonna
happen anytime soon.
Needless to say, I got
some help unloading the groceries
and picking Aidan up from
school.
I rested but it wasn't
enough.
So I went to bed early,
slept all night.
Slept in, and was still
exhausted.
I can't even remember
right now(today is Saturday)
what I did yesterday
morning.
But by lunch time with the
Boys I was done.
I called Andrew home.
:(
He took over lunch and got
them to nap.
All 3 napped.
I napped 3 hours.
I woke to 3 sleeping Boys
at 4:40p. YIKES!
I was still tired but know
if I nap too much
I can't sleep at night.
Needless to say, I made
dinner.
And could barely get
myself up our steep stairs.
Andrew put the Boys to bed
and I literally crawled from
our hallway into our
bedroom
and
into our bed.
I was asleep before the
Kids.
I slept until this
morning.
Aidan had a school mate's
birthday party to go to.
It was a lot
so here I am this
afternoon resting.
I could seriously nap but
would rather
just go to bed early.
Or perhaps take a short
snooze.
But yes, I knew the party
would be too much.
But he is almost done with
the school year
and
will miss his school
friends as they all
go to a different school
next year.
So we all went since if I
did not go that
means taking care of 2
littles
and
it is too much for one of
us to take all 3 Boys by
ourselves to a museum.
You can lose Logan in a
heart beat
and to
find him you have to
relinquish your
attention 100% from the
other 2.
Just not safe at all.
So, 2 adults are needed to
take all Boys
out to a place like that.
Perhaps, after more years
it will be
feasible but not
at this moment.
We'll get there though!!
Angels Among Us Post due
soon
and
A Texas post which
includes some awesome air plane photos.
Yes, an awesome private
air show.
SO neat!
AND
some GREAT Family time
too!
No comments:
Post a Comment