Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Almost 8 week post-op and Boot Camp Baby!!


Oh 8 weeks.
Yes, 8 weeks ago tomorrow.

So, last night I went back to Boot Camp.

Like normal we must always
have a level of chaos
maintained in our life.
After 8 weeks of Bitty in meltdown
mode
and
the other 2 being definitely out of sorts
and then
add some non-kid crazy
wildness.

I need to burn off excess energy!
I have to make my brain stop moving
8,000 mph.
I need my stress relief.

By mentioning about Boot Camp
some people came out of the cracks
trying to say I am over doing it.

Don't worry people!
I listen to the professionals!
(From my Neurosurgeon, Neuro-oncologist PA, Neuro-oncologist MD etc..)
I take it to heart
and
I listen to my body too.

How else do you think we found
the tumor?!
If you do any reading on early symptoms,
people tend to ignore them
and
only listen once it is aggressive.

Now that said, I never would have
thought that was what
was going on in my body.
But I knew in my gut something
just did not feel right.

I am not a big go to the doctor
for every silly thing.
(Don't get me started on that rant.)
I go when something just
out right doesn't seem right.
It's a gut feeling.
A feeling of something hanging
over your head or weighing
on your shoulders.
*If it's not obvious symptoms that you are super ill
and
need something from the doctors to over come it.

So yes, I listen to my body.

I keep getting warned about
not over doing it.

So far, not over doing it.
You do need to challenge yourself
but within reason of course.
So, that is what I do.

Here I was ready to go
with our Boys swarming around me
of course.
So I watch the Kids and Andrew wanted a retake

The Biggun' and D insisted on holding my hands. 



How else am I to know where I am?
You have to try and see
then you will know
if you need to step back
or
amp it up.

So, I went to Boot Camp last night.
AWESOME!

As I was told by the awesome Doctors,
I knew I could not do
what I used to do.

I know I have to ease back into it.

Luckily, my Instructors are great at
modifications
and
I do have a degree in exercise science.
So I also know modifications
to exercises too.

I did not bring my bag with my weights in it.
I used my Mom's small weights some
and
did most with no weights.

I also know I cannot do cardio for another month
So, again modifications in play right there!
And
I am perfectly OK with that.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted to run
but I know what it would feel
like if I did.

I know what the aftermath would be
and
it would be a terrible feeling.

That's enough for me to know
and
keeps me far from the temptation.

Class was great.
My Instructors are awesome
and
the nice boost you get after
a good exercise was AMAZING!

It was awesome!!!

This also made me sleep better.
Finally a more peaceful night of sleep
minus the fussing D through the night.

Which is just what he has been doing since
we have had extra people around
the house for weeks on end.

Once he gets the feel that it's just us
he will hopefully sleep a little easier.

That said, I am tired this morning from his disruptions
but
my giant bags that have been under my eyes
for 8 weeks
are gone.
Yeah.

Finally, some real rest
so again, as I have said before
I can only sit still for so long!
Then I get antsy and have to burn off
the excess energy.

Heck even this morning
Bitty's Speech Pathologist that
comes to our house
asked me how I was feeling.
She then said that I have so much more
energy than I have since the surgery.

I give that credit to going back to class.

It was AWESOME!!


No comments: