Tuesday, April 30, 2013

All sorts of nutty happy for the last 7 weeks


So here I am at our Bitty's OT appointment.
My Aunt stayed home with the other two so they get a break
and
Bitty gets a sense of semi-normalcy.
He went back much easier.
Even with his brothers not here,
he was better than having
a different person taking him
and/or
an extra person with us.

Things are rolling back to a new version of normal.

Which is nice.

Tomorrow is 7 weeks post craniotomy.

So today I met with Dr. Grossi for my post-op check up.
It was a fantastic appointment.
Just nice to get to go and get no extra news
and to finally
remember to thank him for all he has done for us.

He has done worlds for us!
Seriously.
He knew, he kept his eye on it
and
agreed with my gut too.

I have meant to thank him each time I have last seen him
and
I am so happy I actually remembered today.

He gets us.
Her gets our personalities.
He gets our jokes and attitude.
It was funny.

Before being called back
the CMA called someone else
and
looked at me and said, "Hi Carrie!"

I never can remember her name
and
feel like such a dope for not being able to
because she is so nice!

Andrew said my face turned as pink as my shirt.
I just thought ,"Oh Lord, how does she remember me?!"

I mean it is not like I am there a ton
and
he does lots of surgeries.
So he has a lot of patients!

She came back in a bit and called me back.
She told me I looked good.
I said that is my goal to get over all of this.

She took me back and we handed off our bag of thank you treats.
I still want to get more for the pre-op nurses
and
the neurosurgery floor.
I hope to be able to do this.
Oh Yes!
And
for the radiology staff who has done all of my MRI's there.
I have had the techs that remember me.
They did 6 of the 7 MRI's I had in 13 months!

While we waited the nurses would pop in to tell us thank you.
Also, say I look great!
And that they like the photo of me and the Boys. :)

Then the PA came in.
She talked to us for a bit.
It really was chit chat and a look at my scar.

We told her about our crazy last 7 weeks.

She asked how our Sweet Bitty was handling everything.
So we touched base on his transition issues.

She went to ECU and Duke so we talked about ECU for a bit.
I rambled about my goals and how kick ass this all will be.

She left and Dr. Grossi came in almost immediately.
We really like him.

He talked to us about the pathology some.
It is great that the entire tumor was consistent with the biopsy.
Sometimes a tumor isn't but we are lucky!

We talked about how this will be deemed a chronic condition
That will need follow up the rest of my life.
All he has said before that we remembered.

And that is OK.
I am stubborn and will kick it as much as necessary.
Who knows perhaps it won't come back.
You never know!

He liked the copy of my brain Andrew made.
He said to get the post-op MRI and make one of those too.
So we shall see...

I told him about my WONDERFUL Boot Camp class.
I told him about the team too for The Angels Among Us 5K.

He laughed with us about some things
and
gave me a name of a group to look us that
does races and other fun things for fund raising
for Brain Tumor research.

I finally told him how I have meant to Thank him
each time I have seen him
through all of this.
That said I said,
“THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING
YOU HAVE DONE FOR US!”

He said, “Come here!”
and
gave me a giant hug.

Then Andrew said, “OK, how about a picture.”
I mentioned to him about this blog too.

So anyways, yeah.
It was a great visit.
He said he will be following everything
from my
Neuro-Oncologist
whom he spoke extremely highly of.
And
then asked to for us to come in
and
touch base in about 6 months.
If we want.
We said, “OF COURSE!”
So, yup.
Like I said, he is PHENOMENAL!

Throughout all the time there Andrew and I
were both starving.
We hit up Char-Grill on the way back home.
Mmmmmm.
I love me some meat.
(hahaha..yeah..don't mind me. )

So, yes, I ate a ½ pound cheeseburger
and
some fries.
Mmmmm...
Yes, I can eat like Andrew
or
perhaps he can eat like me.

Yes..so we took some photos...
Today was a great day!

Andrew holding the model of my brain while we were waiting. 

Dr. Grossi posing for a photo with me.  Like I have said he is a Rock Star!!


My Lunch
What our table looked like when we were done.
I Love this Man!

No comments: