I am a bit tired today.
But want to touch the base
of the Boys.
Tomorrow will be 6 weeks
post-op.
They did very well in the
first few weeks.
They handled it very well.
OK, well from what I have
heard.
Do I have memory of it?
Nope.
Recently, they are having
more meltdowns.
Baby D had meltdowns for
Me or my Mom.
He would go back and forth
on who
he thought he should fuss
for.
He has trouble sleeping.
He wakes up screaming,
“MOMMMA!”
Then he bawls.
He'll get out of bed and
restart his
turtle that is a star
night light,
cover himself up
and
whimper/scream (it's a
toss up what he chooses to do)
“Momma,Mommy.”
He will sometimes insist
that only I do things for him.
Like bath last night,
My Aunt took him upstairs
and
he screamed for me. (He
LOVES her.)
So, Andrew and I headed up
he screamed when he saw
Andrew
he kept screaming for me.
I was there
I was there
but when he saw all of us
in there he would keep it up.
Once it was just Andrew
and I
he calmed
and was OK.
He had a hard time going
to bed.
I had to rock him twice.
(he doesn't like rocking
usually)
Then while I couldn't
sleep,
I came downstairs at 11p
and
he woke up hysterical
again.
I could hear him clear
down there.
Now Bitty Boo.
Yup.
Whew.
All transitions are
terrible for him.
Anything of us going
anywhere.
He follows me around
screaming,
dragging my purse
or
holding onto my leg.
Then if he thinks one of
his Brother's are
separating he runs after
them screaming their name
and
tries to drag them with
him.
Then he is afraid my Aunt
isn't coming
and
he screams for her too.
He wants us all to stick
together.
You need to go upstairs
for bed?
He screams bloody murder
and
then you go upstairs and
he calms.
This is regression where
he used to be
before the years of speech
therapy,
occupational therapy
and
structured teaching.
He takes longer to calm
now
and
is much easier to set off.
Heaven forbid you are in
public
and
he thinks everyone is
splitting apart.
It is a massive meltdown.
Now granted he has done
this before anyways,
it just comes with the
territory of his challenges.
However, they are 10 fold
from where they were.
He is constantly stacking
blocks, etc
and
chasing them for his
visual stimulation
and
his form of organization.
Our Biggun'.
He has done well.
It has really just been
the last week it has spiked.
He would get frustrated
at times in the weeks
prior
and
stomp his feet,
growl,
bawl up his fists
and
sometimes yell
tremendously about something.
It happens with Kids.
Kids are kids.
However, they are
happening more at home.
He likes to know what
plans are, who is going where,
when will they be home.
Typical for us.
But, Poor Kid.
Yesterday, Andrew went
into work early.
I got up with Andrew since
I had been in bed since 9p.
Aidan did not get up when
he usually does so when
my Aunt went to get Logan
she checked on Aidan
and
found him hiding in our
bedroom closet
shaking and hiding behind
one of my many exercise balls.
We eventually learned from
him.
Our Sweet Boy woke up
(he's sleeping in our room while my Aunt is here)
and
we were not in bed.
He looked out our closet
window
and
saw Andrew's car gone.
He thought Andrew and I
had left.
(For any Dr's appointment
or surgery
we usually take Andrew's
car and leave the van for
our wonderful helpers and
of course it holds all car seats.)
He panicked.
After my Aunt found him
he bolted downstairs
sobbing.
I heard him and my Aunt
gave me a quick low down.
I picked him up
(well I couldn't really
pick him up)
I tried
and
quickly moved to the couch
so he could sit on me.
I held him tight while he
sobbed on me.
Then told me what he
thought.
I wanted to cry with him.
I didn't.
I just told him I am
not going anywhere.
I am here.
Daddy went to work and
will be home after work.
I texted Andrew a quick
update
and
got back a, “I will come
home for lunch today.”
So I let our Biggun' know
that.
That helped too
and
made his day when he saw
his Daddy.
Andrew came home right
before Aidan did from school.
Aidan came running into
the house
and
jumped into Andrew's arms.
Right before getting
dressed for school
I was upstairs
and
my sweet Aunt got told,
“You can NOT HELP ME!”
“MY MOM CAN, SHE IS NOT
SICK ANYMORE!!”
I was taken back by his
comment.
I did not tell him I was
sick.
I am technically not sick.
I am recovering from
surgery.
I did have some rough days,
I did have some rough days,
but
did not use that word.
Who told him that?
Or
Is that his impression?
(I don't think the
second.)
He pulled it again this
morning.
Actually, all 3 are
becoming more
and
more insistent that I am
the
one to do things for them.
It's hard.
We aren't mad.
Why?
We all want a tad of
normalcy back.
We are all SUPREMELY
THANKFUL for
the WONDERFUL SUPER SWEET
HELPFUL
Family we have.
But, we all get the Kids
view too.
Who thrives on change in
your home?
I don't think most do.
They want the same routine
and
the same care takers.
Who doesn't?!
So, here I am trying to
rest as much as possible
to be able to do it
after my Aunt heads back
home.
She is phenomenal
and
the Boys
love her tremendously.
We all appreciate her help
SO much.
But everyone likes to get
to their normal groove.
I am sure my Aunt misses
her bed
and
her home too.
But I also know she is
happy to help
and
do all the wonderful stuff
she does for us.
So I better go and you
know..do the rest thing
some more.
No comments:
Post a Comment