There is so much going on.
My frustration is building
again.
Ugh.
4 weeks and 1 day post op.
Getting to wean down on my
anti-seizure med.
Yay!!
Had to take Logan and D to
the Doctor on Tuesday.
We were supposed to Monday
but obviously the Tumor
Center
trumped that.
Monday night was another
night of
Logan screaming as he
pooped all night
and
D too.
Which they were at the
point their
backsides were so
incredibly raw
you can't wipe them
and
we had to rinse them.
So they wake screaming
and
then scream more while
they get a middle of the
night
rinsing
then
scream because you have to
cream their raw
backsides to hopefully
slow down and perhaps
heals the soreness.
Yeah. I am not supposed
to hold them
but did anyways
I again would sway and cry
with them.
What else is left?
You know?
So into sick hours we
went.
Logan is smaller to begin
with
he is down to 27 lbs.
His 18 months shorts/pants
fall completely
off of him.
The Dr. started with him.
She walked in the room
looked at us
and
was like..I remember you
Guys!
How are you?! (to me)
So we did a quick
overview.
Then we talked about Bitty
*she was also the Dr. on
call over
Easter who told us
he really needed to go to
Duke
if he had more emergency
issues again. *
Yeah.
We did not go far
and
she said....
OH MAN...I remember him!
OH MAN...I remember him!
Yes....soooooooooo
we recapped what happened
after we
called the Genetics
office.
She asked when we were
going to bring
him in for his well child
check up
and
said they will talk
about his weight issue
then.
Heh...
She also mentioned with
the
virus it can damage your
villi
in your intestines
and
cause you to be
lactose intolerant
and
sensitive to fructose.
Luckily, I am a picky
about avoiding
corn syrup
and a lot anything that has manufactured
unnecessary stuff in it.
Sooo, we realized he would
get a
bit of dairy here and
there.
Whoops.
We have a crazy diaper
rash cream we have to make
to help heal his behind.
Equal parts
zinc oxide cream,
hyrdrocortisone and
lotrimin.
Yeah...
After 3 days we will stop
the cortisone
and use the
zinc oxide and lotrimin
until the behind heals.
Polysporin on all open
sores.
So we moved onto Baby D.
He doesn't drink dairy (any way)
but can tolerate
2 oz of yogurt at a time
overall
he gets enriched rice milk
or coconut milk.
Then she saw how terrible
his back side looked
and
noticed his eczema that
his
steroid cream was not
helping.
Well, because it is ring
worm.
EUW!!
I said, “Are you sure?!”
“Because if it is we
ALLLLL would have it. “
Apparently, people who are
prone to eczema
are prone to getting a
type of ring worm
that no one else but
people like them get.
Yeah...so lotrimin or a
script...
We opted for lotrimin
so for 14-20 days
twice a day
and then after it heals
continue it for 2-3 days
then stop.
Yeah.
She said she would scream
for me
but was afraid it would
hurt my head.
She said, “You guys need
a break!!
This is crazy!!”
Yeah.
It is.
After leaving the Doctor's
office I called
to see how Aidan's school
drop off went.
And while talking to my
Mom
Duke called.
I got the number and
called back right away.
It was a nice man calling
to tell me
that our Insurance said
they would cover the
human genome exome
testing.
Which is one of the newest
most helpful
informational testing
done.
Thank you Lord.
He told me now I could
call the Geneticist
and
schedule the appointment.
I tried..
Finally got the call this
afternoon.
April 25
Logan, Andrew and I
will be tested.
Whoa...
I got an update on my
tumor testing...
I finally got a call back
this afternoon on that
also.
They had me ask my
questions
and
then they answered.
It is called a
“Well-Differeniated Astrocytoma” (WHO-Grade II), recurrent. (WHAT?)
It had some reactive
stains that are “typical” with it.
I have a positive Ki-67 at
less than 1%.
This is a cancer protein BUT if you have to have it
it is the smallest level
possible!
AND
they said typical enough
they said typical enough
with what I have.
They also added a comment
that said, it looks also like a
oilgodendroglioma.
Right now, they said it
will not cause them any more worries
and
are pretty much what
they expect.
They won't change their
plan right now
and
so we'll see what is going
on when I go see them again on May 20.
They really did not say
much
and
tried to see what I would
ask.
Soo..that kind of gives me
a funny feeling.
But I get they want me to
stay calm
and
just recover.
So I will try.
However, I think
once the bruise on my hand
heals
I will probably
punch another wall
unless I can run.
PLEASE I WANT TO RUN.
No comments:
Post a Comment