Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Dreams and Neuropathology


I'm a little slow on days
but
yep, it's Wednesday.

The Boys are doing much better.
I got a call back from the
Geneticist's secretary
yesterday.

She heard the basics of Logan having
blood sugar issues with a stomach bug.

She kind of just acted
simple since most
kids at the ER
 get glucose water
to help hydrate
and
fix a possibly tiny bit off blood sugar.

Well, that is typical
but not typical that the Kid's
blood sugar stayed in the 40's
and
spiked over 150 then up to 250's
then
crashed right back down into the 40's.

I explained that
and
she hung on every word.
It turned out Logan's Doctor
was is on vacation
and
will be back tomorrow.

The Secretary wanted
all records from the ER
sent ASAP
and
she was emailing the
Doctor too.

So then I had to get a hold
of the ER.
All the paperwork they give you
says you have to wait 7 days before
you request records.
So I called and left a message
that our son
had
severe issues
and
that his Geneticist wants
his records ASAP.
They said in their message
that they would call back in 1 business day.

After my message they called me in just a
few hours
and
had no issues getting the ball rolling.

They were so nice
and
helpful.

I then called the Neurosurgeon office
to see if they had my
neuropathology from the tumor back.
Dr. Grossi is on vacation but last week
told me to call this week to check.
He is pretty sure there should be no curve balls
but
he wants us to know before
we hit the Brain Tumor Center.

I had to leave a message with Becky
she usually calls back within
a few hours.
When she takes a day to call back
I usually get told to come in
because
they don't want to tell me
these crazy things over the phone.

Well, she called me this morning.
She said Dr. Grossi will be back tomorrow.
She also said so far no information
she looked for it
and
will keep looking for it
and
call me back when they find out.

We are three weeks post op now.
They should have the answers.
My Gut keeps telling me
that they are going to call me in.

Perhaps I will be wrong for once.
So far I haven't been.

A year ago, when I had my first ever MRI.
I had a dream that I would have
contrast.
Even thought I wasn't supposed too.
They stopped midway in the MRI
and
contacted the radiologist
to tell them what they saw
and
he requested contrast even though
my NP
did not request it.

Strange huh?

That was Friday.
I met with my NP on Monday to review the results.
I woke up that morning with
the word
“TUMOR”
in my eyes right before I opened them.

Strange.
SO Andrew stayed with the Boys
and
I headed over to the NP.
She sat with me and said,
“You're blood tests are normal. Your MRI is not.”
I smiled (I did not want to cry.)
I said,
“I know.”

She had already called Dr. Grossi
and
had me set up to meet him the next day.

Sooo....yeah.

Dr. Grossi wanted to do a biopsy last May
but
he let me wait.
The Brain Tumor peeps thought it was
a congenital tumor
even though Dr. Grossi thought it was a glioma.
So he said we could wait
and
do an MRI January or February 2013.
So I said,”Sure.”

I needed time to let it sink
and
determine what to do.

He told me to push the idea out
and
just live life for then.

Well by October 2012 my gut said I needed to
get the MRI done
November or December 2012
so if I needed surgery we would be able
to know that was how 2013 was going to go down.

So, they said that was fine and set me up for December.
So 3 days before Christmas we walked out of that
appointment with
the biopsy scheduled for January 21st.

Then while waiting for the results.
I had a dream
that they called me told me a
name of my diagnosis.
I asked them to spell it.
I remembered how to spell it when I woke up.
I did not know what the heck it was.
I had never heard of it.
So I googled the word.
Sure enough it is a word of a protein
that deals with brain tumors.
WT...?!?!

Sure enough when I called after waiting 2 weeks.
(They said I would know if there were results by
2 weeks.)
Guess, what they took a day to call me back
and
when they did told me I needed to go in.
Yeah...

So...I explained how that appointment went.

Since then I have had another dream that they
called me to tell me
there is a curve ball
and
that it would take a few days to tell me what it is.

Maybe this time I will be wrong.
Wouldn't that be nice?!

I am still extra exhausted from pushing myself.
Exactly what Dr. Grossi said would happen.
He said after 3 months or so I would stop getting so tired.
Ugggh.
3 weeks.

I don't want to wish away time
but I am not being
patient.

I am trying. I am praying profusely.
I am thanking the Lord for everything
and
also begging him to give us a little reprieve for now.

The Boys seem to be doing better.

I need to put my focus back onto
Logan's Birthday
and
what we are going to do for it.

We are postponing his Family Party for a week
to make sure we hopefully
nix all the stomach bug germs
so we don't spread it to anyone.

Here's hoping!

We also need to figure out what
we are going to get him too!
We don't know what to get.
He needs at least a little something.

1. Aidan ready for Spring Picture Day
2. Bitty being a King Ping
The rest are Easter morning.  Our Sweet Boys actually starting to
feel a smidge better and showing off their non-candy Easter Bunny items.

No comments: