Thursday, April 25, 2013

My 6 week post-op ADD'esque novel based post.


One day over 6 weeks since the craniotomy.

Yesterday we were at Duke
meeting with the Family/Marriage Therapist.
It was good.
Really nice to sit down and talk with someone
non-biased.

We will see her in another two weeks.
(Our choice.)

This morning we took Logan into the Geneticist again.
So, after meeting our Genetic Counselor,
getting the run down.
signing consent,
having our Geneticist come in and talk
all the details behind the test,
Human Genome Exome.
Then back with the Couselor,
then checking out,
getting set up for the lab work
via phlebotomy.
Then waiting, watching people stare at Logan
chasing all around the waiting room,
then launching a lego car
about 6 inches from Andrew
and
watching it shatter after smashing
into Andrew's forehead.
We got called back for
our blood draw.
Andrew's turn,
mine
and
we finished with Bitty's.

Now, we wait for results in 4-6 months
as they filter through 17-20,000 genes
and
we hope to perhaps to find
some answers.
Since it seems we all fit into the
atypical pattern of issues.

Yeah...I could do an whole extra post on that kind of thing
or even type about
really our basic learning
of the need and/or hopefully help of this gene testing.

So the purpose of this post was to touch base on 6 weeks post op.
Yup..take me an entire 1 page of a word
document of typing to get to this point...

Haaaaa.
Yeah.
Can I claim tumor related ADD?
Or
like I said in a video I posted to Facebook
perhaps now it's
ADD/memory due to a hole in my brain??!

I used to be pretty on the ball on
everything
and
then it slowly started to drop.
Blame it on the Kids, stress,
all of the above.
Or
perhaps not.

So, 6 weeks and one day ago
Arnie got kicked out.
Bunk you Arnie.
Don't come back
and
if/when you do
I will stomp you again.
Yes..you suck.
I will win.
I am stubborn, hard headed
and
can be competitive and motivated.
Go Jump off a bridge Arnie!!

Yes. There is a spoonful of my feelings.
As of yesterday I feel I have made it over a
wall of challenge.
I feel like a version of myself.
I know I am not 100%
but actually
feel like I can do some things for the kids.
Last week I started wearing my contacts again.
My eyes weren't so happy.
My left eye still hurts like a foooool
to look up or roll it.
Yeah...since Arnie was putting pressure on my left optic nerve.
I hope it will lessen with time.
I figure so, since I still have some swelling in my left temple area.
My eyes will go blurry sometimes with contacts.
Not sure if I need to see the eye doctor again
or
just more time
and
sometimes they feel like I am looking through a magnifying glass.
Who knows?!

My head is actually not totally hurting
for the first time in 6 weeks too.
BOO YAH!!

Yeah..and I can lean forward with out
a ton of pressure building up in my head.

I can dry my hair after a shower
and
straighten it now
with out having to take a rest.

BOO YAH AGAIN!!
I WILL WIN FOOOOL!

Yes.
The Boys have done great
with the last little bit of me being able to do more.
Again, first goal is,
take care of my Boys.
The Kiddos and my Wonderful Husband.

The house may not be cleaned,
the laundry may be super behind,
but
the hopes of the basics.

Since my Aunt is with us
I was able to nap today
Yeah..I took a two hour nap
and
here I am tired still.

BUT not Exhausted.
Soo,
I will take that.

Once my body gets used to taking care of things here
I am back to Boot Camp Class.
I am so excited!!
Forward steps,
it may be baby steps
AND
I don't care!!

I mean come on, every bit moving forward is
AWESOME!!

I mean again...come on it's like the things
with our Bitty.
He follows a different ruler.
He takes baby steps.
I mean today at his appointment he
asked for a diaper change.
WHAT??!!
Yes, new for us!!
This is forward motion towards potty training
for
our Baby D he will probably be in a a few months
for
Bitty it could be a few months
or in a
year or more
but this is forward progress on it for him.
He is taking us there at
the pace that works for him.

If they both want to do it at the same time
AWESOME!
That would be the first time in 5 years
we could have break from buying diapers.
However, we will probably
have 1 in diapers which would be a break
for the first time in 2.5 years.
Yup and nice to your budget too!

So we shall see.
Again, so baby steps peeps!
They are good!!
It's whether you decide to see it or not.
We decide to.

So yup.
6 WEEKS FOOOOOOOLSSSS!!
Here we are.
I feel kind of like me!
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Which is great news for all
but
especially all the Boys I live with.
Who ever thought as a Mom
you would live with 4 Boys!

Heck if we had more kids they all would be Boys.
My gut says it.
I don't doubt it.
It's what was meant to be.

I am so grateful for all we have
and
all there is.
I think Andrew is there too.
Good. Just showed him what I typed
I got a nice head nod.
:)


Yes because when I type I
use my nice ear buds
with usually one silly rap song
yeah..
Lil Jon and
the East Side Boyz
and
Ying Yang Twins
Kings of Crunk
“Get Low”
inappropriate yes it is.
If you ever saw
Sandra Bullock's movie
“Two Weeks Notice”
and
she danced around a tribal fire
with
Betty White
and
sang her own song.
This was it.

So that is what I think of when I listen
to the not so nice lyrics..
I think of her dancing to it
and
can't wait to start running again
and
using this song as along exercise motivation.
Yup.

1 comment:

nelsonjeneen said...

Oh... what fun with Genetic Testing. We are doing the same one, Human Genone.. blah, blah. We worked with Yazmin and she was wonderful. Hope you got her too. Good luck with everything.
Jill