Saturday, April 6, 2013

Buzz.buzz..where is he?!

2 days until my next appointment.
OK, well it's almost 9:30p on Saturday night
I guess it's more like 1.25 days.

Yeah.

Logan at 1:45a will be 4!!
Man.
He was one of the first big things
of our plans changing.

God knew it is what we needed.
He only was preparing us for all
we are currently 
and 
in the future will face.

Logan was God's plan.
We accepted it.
We knew there was a reason.
I see more of that now.

He showed us we needed to plan
our Kids closer than we thought we would.

That way we have our 3 right now
instead of right now being unable to try for
a third.

He knows.

I was put on bed rest at 36 weeks with Logan.
He stopped growing 
and 
so did my weight and belly.

My placenta lost a lot of blood flow
and
I was having low amniotic fluid.

I had 4 days of bed rest before I
went to Duke Perinatology.

I was warned I may not make it
through the weekend to that appointment.

But I did
.
At that appointment they sent us straight to the hospital.
They wouldn't let me go home to pick up my
bags.
They said someone else could bring them.
So yeah.

I panicked.
I was very over the top when I got there.
It took me a couple hours to really start to calm
a little.

We had one OB for 4 hours
 and
then there was the shift change
and
the OB who delivered Aidan came in.

He's pretty stinking awesome.
He told us that they thought Logan was 5 lb and about 5 oz
but said he could be a pound less or heavier
and
please don't hold it against them.

He then asked if we had a lap top.
He hopped on it
and
found a video.
He said since Aidan was an 8 lb baby
and
 that if Logan was as small as they thought

that the birth would be a little like this


Yeah.
I think Andrew laughed.
I kind of sat there.
I found it funny later.

So after a few hours later after 1am I asked
the nurse if I should switch sides
since they would rotate me every few minutes
after I had an epidural with Aidan.

She said, “Sure.”
So she helped move me.

Within 5 minutes I said, “Andrew, we need to buzz her I feel pressure.”
He buzzed her
she came right in to look
She said, “OH MY!”
I said, “I think he is coming out.”
She said, “Yes he is!”

She started buzzing the Special Care Nursery
who we needed in
and
buzzing Dr. D. Henderson
then
opening the door
yelling, “WHERE IS HE??!!”

I sat there holding onto the arm of the bed staring into nothing
and
focusing on my breathing
because I could feel all the pressure
and
him moving on his own.

She kept telling me don't push.

She kept fussing for him out the door
and
buzzing for him frequently.

He took a few minutes but walked in
and I said, “Thank God!”
He put on his scrub coat like thing
and
said, “OK you can push now.”
I said, “Thank God!”
and
I pushed not even half a push
and
small Bit fell on out.
Yeah.

Then I couldn't hold him
and
as our plan (which did not work with Aidan either)
for Andrew to cut the cord couldn't happen.

He went straight to Special Care.
They were concerned he wouldn't be able to breath
on his own.

He was pale but they decided it was because
Andrew and I are.

Then he got good APGAR scores
and
I finally got to hold him.

He screamed his lungs out.
Our little tiny
5lb 3oz 19 in
Sweet Precious Gift from God.

I got swarmed by Nurses.
They were afraid he wouldn't be able to feed
or
keep his oxygen up when in a car seat.

He proved everyone wrong.
We left the hospital
and
he was 4 lb 13oz.

He was perfect
just tiny!

He still is!
Can't believe 4 years have passed!
He's developmentally 2
but I don't care.
God wanted to make sure we had him.
He carried us through.
He helped us see how we needed
to redo our Family plan.

He truly continues to remind us to
be happy
and have Faith
with all these challenges we have faced
and
are still going to face.

He knows we will handle it
and
will remember he is guiding us through it all.
We are so Thankful he has given us
this chance
and
these challenges.

Bitty is doing a little better.
He's still not 100% well
but sure
hoping he finally gets there.
He's had two days of keeping his sugar well.

He is just a tad overwhelmed
he  spending a lot of time in his
therapy swing
which is what he does when
he needs the extra help
to try and get things organized.
He is also overstimulated
and
doing his stacking and balancing of blocks
on the edge of all counters and tables.

He is trying.
We got him to say he wants vanilla cupcakes.
Little Man will get them tomorrow
and
then again a new batch for his Family Birthday Party
when hopefully all the Boys are all 100% recovered.

Sure hope he is finally on the mend.
He has lost a good bit of weight
hoping it will come back soon.

So here are some photos we were playing with on the iPad today.

Logan loves mustaches
so we found a program to play with. 
Here's what Aidan chose to decorate for himself. 
Gotta make a goofy face. 
Nice right?!



Dear Lord,
I pray Logan can enjoy his birthday and get a break.
Thank you for our Sweet Little Men.
We appreciate these wonderful gifts you gave us.


1 comment:

redtaco4x4 said...

Love my Bitty. Love my boys. Love my wife.