Friday, April 5, 2013

Never a dull moment...

Logan had a hard time waking yesterday morning
at almost 9am we went
to make him wake.
Not quite like his bad episode last July.
He seemed to get out of it.

He would request food then refuse to eat it.
By 5p he started getting odd.
He wouldn't sit up,
he stopped scripting,
his eyes started slowly
fluttering back into his head.
Yup.
I started smelling him.
Since last July when he couldn't wake
he had a horrible odor being released.

He did not smell but
was dancing
that crazy line.

He also became angry.
He would yell no
and
then his eyes roll in his head.
He loses his color
in his cheeks too.

This is all signs of hypoglycemia.
He would say “NO!”
When I asked if he was tired.

He would say, “NO!”
When I asked him to eat or drink.

He would kick, fight, scream
and
then instantly look like he was
falling asleep
but
not really.

I finally held him down
and
syringed 100% Gatorade to hopefully
raise his sugar.
We did not know how low it was
just could tell it was low.

We called a neighbor who is a diabetic
and
asked if we could use a few strips to monitor.
Well, by the time we saw them he was on the rise.

I went to the store and bought one too.
That way we can keep an eye on it
and
have the most info for the Doctors.

20 minutes after 2 tsp of Gatorade
and
he got a little pink back in his cheeks
and
could sit up
and
was in the 80's. 
He also started a little scripting.

He finally agreed to eat a banana
and
WHOA!
He perked right up.

We fought him and got him to eat some
pizza
and
he went to bed with his
blood sugar finally up to 95.

That way I could more comfortably
have a chance to sleep.

I talked to the Genetics Secretary today.
She said they will call back again.
They got all the ER paper work
and
I told her she needs to find out if I need to contact
our insurance since we should have heard now
what they may or may not cover
and
she is to call me back and tell me
what the Geneticist wants to do
for the next step.

She kept asking me if I wanted to schedule
I said, “What does the Doctor want?!”

I will be a thorn in anyone's side if need be.
Logan is still battling recovering illnesses
since December
and
with the issues they believe he has
follows this direction too.

I think I am going to call our insurance anyway
today to see what I can find out.
Also, if the Doctor has
more information
that may also help
persuade insurance to take care of more stuff.

If you read about hypoglycemia
you find out it also interferes with
developmental delays.
Also, something the Geneticist
told us will all over lap
and
we can help control
to help lessen some of his
Autism issues.

He woke up normally today.
Like normal 7am on the nose
talking perky
and
has been eating wonderfully today
which of course
helps keep the blood sugar level.

Whew.

Momma is a determined woman.
For my entire Family.
I will contact as many people as I need to
and
stay on top of them so they don't
forget about us.
It is my job.
I will do it for myself too
so I can maintain my
work for these Boys.

We are being guided for something.
I don't know what
but I know
God is guiding us
and
slowly letting us know
where we are to go
and
what we will do.

This I know,
trust
and
have Faith.

We will figure it out.
Thank you Lord for all the Guidance, Love and Help.
 
Here's the Bit today!!

No comments: