Saturday, April 13, 2013

A month to the date...


One month to the day from surgery.
Wow.
It's been a long month.

We have had a bunch of silly stuff happen.
For some reason God keeps
us challenged.
He is doing it for a reason
and
perhaps one day we will figure it out
or
maybe we will only get told a
smidgen of it.

To me that's OK.
It's OK because I don't want to be mad.
I don't want to waste my energy on that.


He has slowly shown us why we
are challenged on somethings.
I can only believe it
will slowly be revealed at appropriate times.

He is watching out for us.
It all will work out.
He will guide us
we don't need to understand
100%.
We just need to
have Faith
and
open ears and hearts
to bring in his guidance.

I woke yesterday morning
and
stood on the scale
I lost 10 pounds.

My clothes we just bought 3 weeks ago
are too big.
Most clothes after you wash them shrink a smidge
well, they did but they are now too big.

I got a call back from my Neurosurgeon's office.
It was one of the Nurses.
Dr. Grossi told her the night before
that he had been meaning to call me
but
his PA is out sick
and he was swamped
and said,
“Give her my cell and tell her to call me.”

Yeah..How AWESOME of a Doctor is that?
He did tell her that the neuropathology
was what he expected but
any questions I had to
call him.

I said it was OK.
I had talked to the people
at the Tumor Center.
They covered it for me.

I mentioned a few other questions
regarding my weight
and
some other issues that I am not willing
to share yet
but perhaps one day will.

I told her my gut was telling me to contact
my Primary Care Nurse Practitioner.

She said, “Yes, you should. Those are some strange things.”

Uh yeah...stick with your gut peeps!!

So yesterday I went and met with her.
I have for a while wanted to send her a Thank You note.
I haven't seen her since the day
she told me my MRI was not normal.

She's been kept up to date from my Neurosurgeon.
I got to Thank her in person.
I Thanked her for wanting to do an MRI.
I Thanked her for sending me to Dr. Grossi.
She said, “He's pretty awesome isn't he.”
I told her the name of my neuro-oncologist too.

I updated her on the Boys.
She also stopped and looked at Andrew
and
asked,
“How are YOU with everything??!”

She is wonderful.
She is concerned with my issues.

She is running a slew of tests
and
told us a few things she thinks it could be.

This is scaring Andrew a tad.
Since you know, she was spot on
about the brain tumor.

So we shall see.
In the meantime she said,
“Eat anything and everything you want.”
“Eat as much high caloric food as possible.”

I told her I am.
I said, “I have eaten tons of food
that I should at least be gaining some fat on
my a$$
but it's shrinking.

Yeah...peeps.

If I could take some peeps fat off of them
I would gladly do it
and
we all could be happy.

I walked Aidan into school the other day.
I am finally realizing a LOT of people there
know.
Especially people I have no clue who they are.
I got hugged by a random little Boy.

It is a lot to swallow.
I also know where Aidan is going to Kindergarten
next year.
Everyone will know.
(It's a close knit Catholic School at our Church.)

I could tell at Church on Sunday some
people knew.

It's hard.
For some reason I don't care
that I do this
but it means I don't necessarily
physically interact with people.
It's easier.

It's something that will
take time to process.
Maybe one day I will be better
but right now
everything
is a tremendous amount of
stuff for Andrew and I
to try and wrap our
minds around.

I don't know if we ever will.
But one day will be able to hopefully
handle it semi-gracefully.

Here are some photos.  
This is one week from today!  Join our team or if you can make a donation.  I am serious $5 would be AWESOME!!

Here we were getting close.  Not overwhelming. 
Our direction list with Andrew's phone assisting ...


Looking across the road at The Duke Cancer Center as we were heading into the parking deck.
There was a mass amount of adrenaline flooding my body from stress. 

We weren't celebrating.  We very rarely go out for meals,but wanted a drink
and a bit of time to process the appointment before we started talking to everyone.
You see how much is out of mine?!  Yeah...with all my body is doing and the meds...
I am a super cheap date...  Yeah...

No comments: