Thursday, August 22, 2013

Kindergarten and a crazy week!



It has been an interesting week.
Overwhelming by far!

Monday-marked 12
years ago when Andrew and I
“officially” started dating.

Tuesday- Our Biggun' went to
his first day (half day with half the class)
of Kindergarten!!

Wednesday-His first full day!

So, yes, 12 years ago..
would I do not think
we ever could have guessed
how these years have gone.
Even if you asked me back then
what I could think
would be the most crazy thing that
could happen.

I know early on,
I thought Andrew could be the one.
I dare not speak it
to him.
Just to myself
and
I think after a few
months I mentioned it to my Mom.

And here we are now.
Since this year has been crazy
I did not register DHR
for preschool when I should have.

That means we came down to just this month
trying to do it.
Needless to say the place where
Aidan went was full!

So instead of being mad,
I can only decide this means
it was not meant to be.

We love it there
but
possibly there is some place
else that will do better for our DHR
and
with great hope that in
January, our Bitty may attend
also.

We have looked at lots of different
schools, even last year
thinking we may try this
new preschool
designed for Children with
special needs.
I researched it for months
and
we went on a tour
still not sure.

This week I spoke to another school
closer to where Aidan is going.
We took a tour
and
it seems to be what we were
hoping for.

So, filling our papers for that etc.
Filling out papers that are sent home
the first week for Aidan. (It's a ton!)

Then on Tuesday get a call from
Bitty's new teacher!
On his IEP we decided with the
information from his Teacher
he should move out of the
rigid, structured Autism only class
into
the mixed Developmentally Delayed class.

Yesterday, I got a call from Aidan's school Nurse
just to remind me of what I need to give her.
I called Bitty's Teacher to confirm his Open House
(which is tonight!!) is walk-in one.
I called the director for D's school
to get a few more things answered that I forgot to ask.
I met with a few other Kindergarten
Mom's to talk.
Figured it is one way to meet them.
While out ran into someone I have known
since middle school
then
did a double take and saw
the WRAL Mom Blogger who
did a post on the AWESOME
Boot Camp Mom's class I go to.
She did a double take also,
since we exercised side by side for an
hour.
I sent her a message later
and
she was like, I KNEW you looked familiar!

I am going through piles and piles of papers.
I have gotten emails from all teachers
on top of the phone calls.

I am marking our calendars so we
hope not to miss anything.
Add the typical house chores to it all too.


We also have Aidan's Open House tonight also!

The Boys are waking on their own now
super early in the morning.
So we are doing super early bed times.
They seem OK for now with the change
in schedule, it is Andrew and I suffering.

:)

Yet again n Parenthood learning
just another new level of exhaustion.

I am doing my darnedness to
keep things straight
this week has by far been the
most processing I feel my brain
has done since March.

I have to rearrange Bitty's therapy
appointments also
and
don't get confused on carpool times!

It may seem silly,
but it sure is
knocking us for a loop!

Oh and of course,
add another showing
on the house while trying
to get just school
stuff organized!





First Day of Kindergarten!

Is he ready?!

Daddy and our Biggun'
DHR popping in with the photo
Bitty enjoying some Chickfila
before we got to see the preschool
DD enjoying Chickfila

                        


A couple different poses while sporting his PE Uniform today!

No comments: