Just the other week
Logey had his
every few months check in
with his Developmental
Pediatrician.
We got a good one.
We are supremely thankful
for that.
As recommended when Logan
was receiving
services from our local
Infant Toddler Program.
The advice is to take his
IEP (Individualize
Education Plan),
notes from his therapists,
information from
other doctors
and
anything else that
may be helpful.
Thankfully, this
Pediatrician
has never wanted to
put Bitty on any medications.
He did recommend a
supplement
but no actual medication.
Logan has never given this
professional his attention
until this appointment.
He waited until the end
of the session to approach
him
and
lift his shirt
for the Doctor to listen
to his heart.
Then he “played” a
little with
the Doctor.
He made the Doctor's day.
The appointments
are of him looking over
all the
information we bring in
and
talking to me listening to
our concerns
and
telling him what is
going on with Bitty from
our view.
I mentioned he has
regressed some
but
with great reason behind
it.
That there are some big
changes
that have happened
and
I know that is why he has
regressed.
I had to explain what our
changes were
and
so I get to see big bug
eyes
and
jaws drop.
The nurse also did that
too.
I just smile and keep on.
Our Bitty impresses this
man.
We'll take that!
Our Bitty impresses us
too.
I know we are biased but
it sure makes us feel good
when others see it too.
He also commented on how
good Aidan is with Bitty.
I said, they have
connected on a few
levels and
Aidan tries to understand
what Bitty does.
That said, I mentioned how
some
people have questioned if
Aidan is on
the Spectrum also.
The Pediatrician laughed
and said,
“No, he is not!!
He made eye contact when I
walked in, he kept it
while talking”
and went on listing how
that is not true.
I smiled and said, “I
know.”
Just nice to hear
especially
with the critics out there
saying that everyone
wants a “label”
or
or
people are over diagnosing
Autism.
Due to all the critic
voices
when we knew Logan
needed more evaluations.
We went three ways.
People always claim
to get a second opinion.
All 3 of our opinions
confirmed the exact same.
Anyways, after our talk.
He said Bitty doesn't have
to come back
unless he regresses
for unknown reasons.
This Pediatrician
doesn't have to monitor
medications
for him
and
he also says he knows
Logan sees a big list of
Doctors
so we can knock one off the
list!
I can make an appointment
just to use him as a
sounding board.
I use all the therapists
as
sounding boards too.
I like to hear multiple
professionals
and
the teachers all on the
same page.
That is nothing I ever
anticipated
and
have been extremely
thankful
for this experience.
He also smiled, when I said the
Teachers said Andrew and I
should be
Parent Advocates.
He said, “You just made
me laugh. I was thinking
the exact same thing! “
I said to him what we said
to the Teachers,
“We don't know what we
are doing!
How can we help someone
else??”
The Pediatrician said,
“It also helps Parents
just to know
they are not alone.”
So, here is step one.
I have a ton of things to
talk about but
will do it over time
and
only over whelm
any readers little by
little.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment