Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Happy 9th Wedding Anniversary!

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, I love my wife more than you do!

Phew. I haven't written any poetry in a very long time. That might be the best I can get out these days. Sorry hunny. I know the stuff I had written back in the day was much better than this! :-) I am sure you are wondering why I am bombing the blog with a surprise post. I don't normally post on the blog, but this time I wanted to have a little bit of fun and surprise my bride with a post declaring just how much she means to me.

So, 9 years ago today, this morning, I was waking up alone in my apartment. I grabbed a shower, shaved, got the hair all gel'ed up like the hair dresser suggested to me. I met my brother and my groomsmen out for a breakfast at Bojangles. I knew that in a few short hours, I would be married to the woman I was always meant to be with.

So yadda yadda yadda, morning passes and we got to the church. I was standing in front of all of our friends and family. I got the first glimpse of Carrie as she came through the doors into the church hall. Holy crap, she was smokin' hot looking! It was hard to fight back the tears with how excited I was to be marrying her. Then seeing her walking down the isle, I think I let a few fall.

Now, here we are. 9 years later and I am more in love with Carrie than I was then. Yeah, things are just a skoash different than that day 9 years ago. We have 3 amazing little boys running around our house, tearing everything up every day. We have 2 awesome puppy dogs that we've had for 8 years now. Carrie and I have lived in 3 different homes together. We have had our ups and downs, but so has everyone. We always end up walking out the other side of those struggles a stronger couple.

This is all I really wanted to say. A quick little post to let the world, or our exclusive list of folks who read our blog anyways, that I want to wish my wife a Happy 9th Wedding Anniversary. I am so in love with you Sweetheart. I am looking forward to the rest of our lives together. Let the good times keep coming and let the rough patches be tackled. Together, we can conquer it all!

I Love You Beautiful.

With all the love of my heart,


Andrew

No comments: