Friday, June 6, 2014

Just a typical Frantic Friday..

Thank goodness it is Friday.
Not a bad day, really.
Troublesome?
Yes, at times.
Good?
Yes,a times.

It is just the waves of life.
Nothing bad.
Frustrating?
Yes, at times.

You see a pattern here?

I really like to be organized.
It is much easier for me to function
when things are organized.
The Kids do better also.

So, I haven't vacuumed
the entire downstairs in..
I don't know how long.
OK, well the other weekend..I think..
it seems like an eternity to me.

Dog hair, dirt..bleh.
I had a list I really needed but
just could not find it.

That is how the morning started.
We really even encroaching 8 months
of being here haven't fully unpacked.
( A HUGE peeve of mine.)

Anyways, I was irked at myself this morning.
I found it
and
got a few things thrown away while searching.

So I got he boys fruit for breakfast
, cut coupons I have piled up for months.
OK, well threw some out and cut the rest.

I moved laundry around..I am behind on that too.
Prior to moving I was on top of it for 5 months.

Then I got the dishwasher unloaded
and
breakfast cleaned up.

I then began the deep vacuum.
Head phones in and popped up all recliners
to make sure I got under the couches good,
moved tables, used the swiffer to get dust off of the
floors that the vacuum can't get.

That takes some time.
Also, sorting through stashes under the couches.
A snack bowl, lego pieces, rainbow loom pieces, crayons,
pencils etc.

I climbed under recliners
and
tried to make sure children were
not climbing on them so I did not get
folded up under the couch.

I bumped into the coffee table and end tables.
Tried to make myself remember when I
have random bruises on my lower back or shoulders
I know it was from that.

I see Logan touching his backside.
(A sign he needs to use the potty.)
He will refuse to try at times
or
you ask
and
he takes a while to respond
or
he is in 'Loganland'
and
just truly did not hear you.

I usually do OK with patience.
See, just OK..no Saint here.

Other days he does so well in other
things I find myself
getting too easily frustrated with him.
I did good today.
I repeated it about 6 times over 5 minutes.

Random kid distractions
I keep the vacuuming running
or
at times stop it to handle something.
One of the times I stop it.
I hear Logan yell, “I Poop in the potty!!”
He listened!!
Yaay!

This may seem TMI, but
lately we have reverted back to
when he uses the potty ..
(Just stopped typing here, due to hearing a glass sound upstairs...)
we have a pair of underpants that need
to be rinsed out in the toilet
prior to running it in the rinse cycle
in the washer with borax
and
THEN we wash it with our dirty laundry.

Trust me, sounds crazy, but if I don't do that
then I have had to clean chunks of feces from the inside of
our washing machine after the rinse cycle.

So, it may not sound so crazy now, huh?
:)

Today, I caught his signs early enough that the underpants
had only tiny marks that don't need any extra wash or rinse.
Yaay!!!

I was stoked.

At some point after that
Daniel and Aidan got dressed
to go out back.
I thought about going out back
to do a quick dog poo scooping
but REALLY wanted to finish the vacuuming
and picking up.

I am not sure how much time passes.
I hear the back door open and close.
Then I get a Daniel approaching me
with a wet Croc with ?mud? on it
and
some “dirt” on his shirt.

I leave the vacuum running
and
then I smell dog poo.

So, I lead him back outside to
strip him down
and
asked where he other shoe is.

I get no answer.

I walk around the back yard
(vacuum still on inside)
looking for the shoe
and
puddle that
must have wet the other one.
I keep an eye for dog poo too.

I keep asking but get no answers from D
and
no help from Big Brother Aidan.

I come back in, t
ell D to head upstairs for a bath.
The child wreaks of dog poo.

I turn off the vacuum
and
go upstairs.

I get the water adjusted, let it run,
take off my head phones.
Send Andrew a text about the dog poo.

I then tell myself to take off my headphones so they don't
drop in the tub.

I lean over to touch the water
and
one headphone
dangled into the water.

I then realize the cold water was turned off.
EEP!

The water was not too hot
but
3 year olds and knobs/buttons/doors
always get messed with.

I start adding nothing but cold water.

Headphone are now hanging to dry out.

I washed the kid well.

Get him out of the tub
and
he doesn't want clothes.
So, underwear it is.

I go back down to finish my vacuuming.

Just even hours later I don't know what happened
but that last 10 feet of dining room took at least
another hour to vacuum.

Got the washer set up to rinse D's clothes.
Oh yes, I forgot to mention his shirt and especially shorts
had dog poo smeared all over it.

We get lunch.
Not easily.
I eat.

Logan actually uses a lidless cup with a straw ( big feat!)
no spilling!!
Then finished it off without the straw!
He HATES cups touching his lips.

I take a photo
and
send it to Andrew and posted it to FB.

(a little time passes)
I walk into the kitchen
and
see D in the toy
room
with green kid scissors
and
he has his little pogo squeaker toy in hand too.

I request the scissors.
He walks them to me
saying, “Uh oh.”

He used the scissors to cut through part of the tubing.
That toy goes in the trash.
I make him do it.
I don't fuss.
He is 3, he is exploring.
I apparently was not aware he had scissors.

Curiosity killed the pogo squeaker.

I go back to the backyard to search for the missing Croc.
I find a pile of poo under our toy room window
then a smeared pile right next to one of D's many little
piles of trucks in a bare spot of our yard.

I also realize,we have no puddles out back.
I also verify that they hose it not attached in the back.

Only hours later, (that's all)
this Mom's detective gears are working..
I come back in ask D where he other Croc is.

He leads me into the power room downstairs.
Yep, there is the other Croc.
The Little's potty seat is laid out on the floor.

Ask the right questions and you get the answers..
I ask: Did your other Croc get wet in the bathroom?
He said, “Yes.”
I ask: In the sink or the toilet?
He said, “The toilet.”

Connections being made.
Yup, it seems he was aware he stepped in dog poo.
He got it on his hands which would explains
the size/shape/location of the poo on his clothing
(wiping unwanted stuff from hands)
and
the lingering of the poo odor when the clothing was removed.

Since it is poo, we clean poo covered things in the toilets.
Yup..
our three year old stepped in dog poo
and tried to clean himself in our powder room.

Entertained yet?!

I was a tad nervous to run my few errands after this.
Nothing bad but definitely not a boring day!

We survived Wal-Mart.
Harris Teeter wasn’t' boring.
D threw some fits.
Then Daniel and Aidan ran like fools.
Aidan climbed on the cart as I walked away and told him
not to.
He went to get down and clocked his elbow on the cart
and
was pretty upset.

A man in a suit walked by smiling..
D was requested for me to hold his
dead weight 35 lb self
as I look for the two items I forgot to put on my list.
My brain was getting scrambled.
I was ready for home!
Would we make it there?!
Of course, but it really does feel questionable.

We made it home.
Had some meltdowns over somethings,
another tantrum bout,
just another day.

And don't worry the glass sound I heard.
Everthing was OK.
It was just Logan standing on his bed
swatting the fan chains
trying to turn his light on
and
the other chain wrapped around
the fan light.

Nothing broken, so we are good.
Really, truly, a lot of good in today
and
a lot of silly
with a tad of chaos.

How was your Friday??



No comments: