Monday, July 7, 2014

6 year olds Heaven and Faith Conversation

A conversation I had with Aidan in mid June. 

Laying with Aidan at bedtime tonight,
I talked of my Great Uncle and Aunt who
we visited with today.

My Uncle is my Maternal Grandmother's
youngest brother.

He and my Aunt are my Godparent's.
They are also Logan's.

This brought on Aidan's need
to list who everyone's
Godparent's are.

Then I got asked how were my siblings and I
brother's and sisters.

I stated that we all have the same Mom and Dad.
I listed the birth order and stated how it was
like his brothers and him.

He then told me how his oldest cousin and him
are the oldest children.

I listed out that actually all 4 of his Grandparent's
are the oldest Children.
I listed all the Children in each of their families.

It came down to listing my Dad's siblings.
In that list is my Aunt Luanne, my Aunt Carol
and
of course I had to
mention there was also Tommy.

I never met Tommy.
I guess I should say, Uncle Tommy.

But he never got to grow up on Earth.

My Grandma, one of my Great Aunts,
Dad, Aunt Luanne and Tommy were in a bad car accident.
Tommy did not survive.

Aidan asked how Tommy died.
Biggun' is detail oriented.

So, the basic and general explanation is below:
I began with, it was before seat belts.
(at least back seat ones)
In this accident people were hurt.
His Great Grandma
broke her neck,
a Sister of his Great Grandpa's broke both thighs,
Grandpa had a cut on his face,
Aunt Luanne got knocked out of the car
and
Tommy (2 years old) hit the windshield
and
went to Heaven.


This of course brought on the Heaven talk.

He quickly asked, How did Uncle Larry die?

*My Aunt Luanne's Husband, Larry
went to Heaven in December of 2012. *

I said, he had something called an
aneurysm.
Aidan asked, what is that?

I said, it is when a blood vessel (he knows about arteries and veins)
get a bubble that pops.
I said, it could be anywhere in a body.

It happens to some people.

He then says:
My Kinderbuddy, Jack's Little Sister Ella
went to Heaven.
She had a bad spot in her brain,
they couldn't do anything for her
and
it made her go to Heaven.

Insert me being grateful for the darkened room
due to the tears in my eyes.
(My fear he may ask me a question regarding my “bad spot”)

I agreed with him.
I said, but all of those people are in Heaven with Jesus now.
They are healthy and happy and will live with Him forever.

I said, you know, Ella could have played with Tommy
or even Uncle Larry.

I then get asked,where is Heaven?
I counter, Where do you think?

He says, in outerspace.

I said, that sounds like a good place.

He says, I guess I will find out when I go there.

I told him that in Heaven,
everyone is healed and happy.
They are living with God, Jesus, the Saints
and Everyone.

He then tells me, you know animals go to Heaven too.

I bet Ella has played with Bacchus (one of my Sister's dogs).

I said, I bet she has.

I then listed the dogs of his Grandparent's.
I said, She has probably also played with Buddy, Jenny, Gracie and Dixie.

I then layed there overwhelmed and teary.
I gave him his kisses and blessings
then closed his door.

What a moment.


I came straight downstairs to record it as freshly as I could.
I did not want to forget details.
I do not want to forget the memories/moments.
I want to have things documented to keep for myself or at times to share.

A story is never ending, things may seem meaningless
and
at other times not.

This blog is my journal, our Family story,
shared with the most possible honesty of
our moments to share.

Also, with the stories of our Children
I want to capture the Beauty, Faith, Honesty
and non-biased view of the world they see.

I hope this post has reached some people's hearts.

As one day, a conversation like this may even be more close
to home.
As I hope it is not, but know at some point these things will happen.
I only hope a solid and hopeful base
fills our Boys.


No comments: