Saturday, January 29, 2011

A realization...

Random thoughts here....
When I was passing my kidney stones in September '09 and went to the ER. (We did not know at the time I had stones.) They asked my pain on a scale of 1-10 and I pointed to Aidan and Logan and said, "I would rather be having one of them right now." This is also after I puked my guts out, proceeded to at the ER and the entire next week. So, Am I a Baby who can't tolerate pain?! Did I forget what it was like to have a Baby?! I mean I got an epidural with the first two, but could two minuscule stones feel worse than having an 8 lb or 5 lb Baby?!
Well, now I have to say, "YES!!!!"
Two tiny minuscule stones hurt WAY WAY worse than a 7 lb Baby with no drugs. Mind you there was no "relaxation" breathing done, no ways of "coping." I did not have a choice and resisted it the entire way. Finally it came to a point I could not resist and my body did what it had to do but I was tense the entire time trying to hold the kid in! Not one ounce of vomit produced....strange huh?!
So if you ever THINK you have kidney stones and aren't sure...If it hurts more than having a kid(if you have had one) then there is a chance that is what they are.
Yes...not sure what an 8 lb baby feels like...but I do know the 7lb. AND a sweet little baby (even one that has screamed for hours on end for the past 6 weeks) is a MUCH better result for the pain than two tiny rocks that your kidneys produced.

No comments: