Monday, October 18, 2010

Isn't it great?!

Isn't it great?! Like life goes things always choose a great time to break. I knew our kitchen faucet was nearing the way too soon end of it's life. The handle would spin 360 degrees at times so they hot cold adjustments did not work. It started that just this past week. Well, last night Andrew was getting the sippy cups parts ready to wash and Aidan decided he wanted Daddy for bedtime. I went downstairs and there was water all over the back of the sink and the back splash. It was completely pooled up. I cleaned it up and I also noticed this week that the faucet would drip continuously unless you moved the handle just into the right spot. I thought what a pain but we can make it work until it breaks. I started the fill the sink which was cold water by now. The faucet turned on and the water started spraying out the backside of the faucet. I quickly called for Andrew to come down. He got underneath the cabinet luckily it was dry there and he started checking things out. He tried to undo the faucet so he could take it apart and the entire thing snapped. Go figure after 8p on a Sunday night. So first thing this morning we ran to the home improvement store to check out a few faucets we looked up on line. We did some price matching so we hit two stores and used a coupon and came home with our new faucet. What a pain. Luckily, in the scheme of home repairs this is a very affordable one but a pain none the less. You can't do anything without a kitchen faucet. I like this one better but would much rather have the old one and keep our money in the bank. Doesn't everyone??! Andrew went in late to work so we could have a functioning kitchen. I had to snap a few shots of his plumbing job. Just glad I did not have to try and get in there even more glad that he is capable of doing these things. :-)

No comments: