Sunday, October 10, 2010

OK, well almost 29 weeks now...Eek!

Friday we went to the 28 week check up and I got to do the fasting glucola test. Yum. For those who aren't familiar you fast for at least 3 hours go to your appointment and drink a wonderful (italic=sarcasm) glucose drink. I did not get a choice the tech just walked in with fruit punch. So it tastes like a super super sweet fruit punch gatorade. So you know I like candy but am not big on super sugary stuff. Doesn't really make sense...I like my coffee with just a hint of sugar...tea can be sweet or unsweet...I like some nasty sweet candy but overall prefer not too sweet. So, to me it's gross. I tried to drink it as fast as I can and let the minimal amount hit my tongue. However, it's a decent sized bottle so I only got about 3/4 of the way through it before I had to breath again. To me the after makes me want to gag...a whole bunch of sugary sweet on an empty stomach. So off to wait for an hour. In the meantime I wait to see the doctor for a heart rate check and belly measurement. Baby Daniel's heart beat was easy to find and super strong and my belly was measuring at 29 weeks. (According to the EDD they gave me at the first appointment I "should" be 28w 3 d at the time. According to me I am 29 w 3 days.) No complaints here!! I should know today what the results of my fasting test and the monthly antibody screen.
Work on the wall has halted for what feels like an eternity. We hit a bump in the road trying to find the same crown and chair rail that was installed in our dining room. We got it from a wonderfully helpful neighbor who works at a local building supply company. However, our crown is discontinued and our chair and back are now special order. We gave him a call to see if they have a showroom we could go to do purchase it since the home improvement stores have zilch of what we need. He directed us where we needed to go and helped out a good bit too. Thank you Neighbor Terry! We now have in our hands a different crown and all the chair we need to finish the two new rooms and Aidan's Big Boy room. I have been a hair lazy and need to start the clear coat on his new bed and start staining his new dresser and book shelf. Matt is going to help us hang the moulding however, he is being worked to death so his free time is limited and he is exhausted. We're hoping we can enlist his help this coming weekend. If that works out then we will be ready for paint in both rooms!! I have to get Aidan's furniture done so we can make room in the garage for the bumper pool table that is currently in Aidan's Big Boy room. All the "junk" in Aidan's Big Boy room will be transferred to the new office...just need to get it finished to get the next big chunk of work done. We are probably going to make some good use of baby sitters (aka: Grandparents riiight??!) so we can get this last overhaul done.
I am turning a bit antsy for everything to be done. Right now I feel like a bomb blew up in our house. There are cold weather clothes EVERYWHERE! However, the warm weather clothes are still needed. Today is a high of 88 by the end of the week the highs are supposed to be low 70's. Luckily, the humidity has dropped tremendously so the 88 we see today is nothing like 88 would have been 2 months ago. Well, two months ago we were in triple digits. Halloween is right around the corner, then Aidan's Birthday, then Christmas and a Baby! WHOA! Our bedroom is full of clothes that don't fit me and every time I start to organize them a little helper or two undo all the piles and all of our space bags are no longer sealing. Do I buy more?! How many do we need? Can I use something else, but what?! I have no where to put Daniel clothes until I finished Aidan's new dresser or get a new laundry basket..Hmmm..I might need to get one. We have stuff to either donate, throw away or try and sell. Andrew is super busy at work with deadlines. By the end of the day we are all exhausted and not much gets done. My kitchen floor is getting pretty gross but the idea of a hands and knees scrubbing doesn't sound too hot. If I don't do it now I won't do it and I would rather give it the cleaning it deserves than a half hearted mop kind of clean. I am trying to declutter tremendously. Our living room carpet is heinous and needs scrubbing again. Anyone want to come work for free or food? :-) However, instead of taking care of it here I am blogging a rant.
The whole point of the rant is that I am starting to feel super overwhelmed with all that needs to be done in the upcoming weeks. There are plenty of things I have put on the "let it go" list and since I am at least deeming them not a priority. We are so excited to meet Daniel but there is so much to get done before his arrival. All the worries you have when bring a new little one in the world. The Boys are also becoming super duper cuddly and snuggly with me....something that is only done if they are hurt or if they were sick. Currently, this is not the case they are healthy and happy. I am not complaining but wondering what brought on this change. Then I wonder how they will be when Daniel comes. Aidan is excited and knows Baby Daniel is in there and has felt him move. Although I do not think he totally gets it. We've been looking at pictures of the Boys as little ones and the belly photos too. We got a book a few months ago called, "Baby Makes Five" Aidan is in love with reading it. It is a Berenstain Bears book and pretty good. It talks how Sister bear has trouble accepting the new baby in their family. Until she learns that babies take a lot of time and attention just like she did when she was a Baby and all the things Momma and Papa are doing with the new Baby are exactly what they did for here. Aidan is enjoying reading that book over and over and then seeing all the pictures and videos we have of them just like Momma and Papa Bear do. Logan doesn't care for the book it is a bit too long for his attention span however, he loves looking at pictures and videos. Enough of the rambling. I am hoping to get some good things done here today so I have to get off of here! I have a few pictures and videos to update and will hopefully get a new belly shot here shortly. Thanks to those who have made it this far through my rant. :-)

No comments: