Aidan is as excited as we are...well we're "relieved" to have the room complete enough to sleep in. Thursday night was bittersweet for me. Aidan asked me to lay with him (like normal) for a few minutes and I layed there thinking, "This is the last time I will lay with him in this room." Bright and early Friday morning we started dismantling his bed and Andrew brought it into the new room. Aidan was super excited to see this and then walked into the nursery (what we are trying to call it right now so there is no ownership of it) and looked at the old bed frame and said, "OH NO MY BED??!!!!!!" We told him, "Remember, it's in your Big Boy Room!" He smiled and seemed as good as gold with that response. Two naps and two nights of sleep later in the Big Boy Room he seems more than fine with it. Friday night he got up to pee around 1am and headed right back to the new room did not even make a slight bend towards his old one. He talks about it all the time. Aidan helped place all the decals on the wall and sometimes he received a little direction, but mostly he picked the engines out and told me/helped me where to put them. I am not completely done with this room, there are a few more pictures I want to hang, a shelf or two I want to get. I still have to clear coat his bookshelf we bought for him and I think I might paint his lamp base.
Now the "to do" list is rearranging stuff and reorganzing the MOUNTAINS of clothing we have. Right now they are filling the nursery. I am going through stuff that will fit Daniel right now and soon will be putting it in Aidan's new dresser. There are bins and clothes everywhere!! We have a busy busy week coming up here!! At least we have one GIANT to do off the list. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment