This year I vowed I would start right after breakfast working on the cake. That way I won't be up super late wanting to throw it out the window. I did not know exactly what I wanted to do. Aidan requested a PBS character "Super Why." I looked up how some people did them. Found one I liked but wanted to do it my own way. I was content enough with how it turned out. Had I knew exactly what I wanted to do other than the face I could have planned it better. As with all cake pictures my disclaimer is: I do this for giggles. I do not take classes, have not and probably will not ever. (When is there time?! and I have better ways to spend money!) I fly by the seat of my pants.
Here is Logan helping make the icing. For not being a super sweet eater he sure was pleased that it was powdered sugar versus his normal tasting of flour. (He always has a measuring spoon ready to spoon out what I am measuring in a cup, spread it on the counter and then taste it.
Super Why's face with nothing else done to the cake other than a crumb seal/dirty ice.
The end result.
Aidan informed us tonight that he, "really wants a bite of my Super Why Birthday Cake."

1 comment:
I think the cake is awesome! Great colors, too.
Post a Comment