Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Little Bit of Pool Time

We have not made much use of the pool this summer. It seemed a little difficult with Aidan potty training and then with his fear of "public/commercial" restrooms. Thanks Wal-Mart for your super loud auto flush toilets. Right before we went to Hilton Head he was just fine and dandy using the potty where ever until the second time we hit up a Wal-Mart bathroom. He LOST it. Needless to say our trip to Hilton Head was spent with him freaking out about the bathrooms at the pool. His fear seems to be for any bathroom not in a home setting. Today I finally thought, how do we break him of this fear. I mean he is hysterical with fear when it comes time to go pee and he wants to use the back up potty we have in the truck. If you tell him he has no other option he holds it. Yeah, stubborness runs in the family. (We had an incident at the mall with this he held his poo an extra 4 hours until we came to a home potty.) So, today I thought...hmmm...I at least have my friend with me here. We headed into the pool and I immediately told Aidan I needed to use the bathroom and wanted him to come check it out with me. He refused to be in a closed stall....oh well...it's a girls room. So he checked it out and I asked him to flush it for me. (Cue the music and the light beam from the clouds!) He did it and did not lose his stuff. He also shortly after announced his need to pee and did it with minimal hesitation!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!! Anwyays, it was a little exhausting chasing the two in two separate directions and making sure they both stayed above the 1 foot of water. After a quick lunch Logan decided he needed dog to accompany him in the water. I tried to take him away and Logan just crawled his way into the stroller climbed up to where dog was and took him. So I thought, at least we have a clean dry one at home. This bought us a little bit more pool time and then we all were ready to head home for nap!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: