Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Roxy 8 Week Post Op

Roxy is 8 weeks post TPLO surgery. She is doing fantastic and had her check up today. She was gone for most of the day. Little did I know the orthopedist had seen her much earlier in the day and NO ONE from the vet called to tell me I could come get her. The orthopedist who travels between veterinary offices in the area was tied up with surgeries and called me a little late. So by the time our vet decided to try and call me I was already on my way because they closed in half an hour and it was starting to be rush hour traffic. I was a little irked. Roxy wasn't so happy either. She came out with flying colors. The ortho said she is out of the woods for any catastrophic injuries to the operated leg. Right now, we have to work her up slowly to her crazy ball chasing self over the next 4 weeks to give her soft tissues more time to heal. She is perkier than she has been in quite some time. Cooper is initiating play more now that he senses she feels better. She also tries to be her goofy self and we have to keep her a little calmer than she would like. It's so nice to see her "new" lease on life.
Today was a long day without her. Aidan kept asking where she was and if she was OK. During the Boys naptime Cooper was pretty depressed about her absence. He actually went and laid in her kennel for a good bit. When I petted him and talked to him he wouldn't even look at me for more than a split second. (I am also the person who took Roxy "away" this morning.) So I had a to shoot a little video of the sad Coopey Doopey.

No comments: