Wednesday, February 13, 2013

"Arnold was wrong..It IS a TUMOR!"

**The post title is quoting what Andrew told me the other night. **

So, Monday passed no call.

Tuesday came and went, no call.

Yup..that is how things seem to go some days.

It turns out my original post op appointment was never canceled after I went in last week. I called this morning to cancel it. I also thought I would ask if they had any insight on working with The Tumor Center. The woman I spoke with recommended who to call (at the Tumor Center) to ask and make sure I was still in the loop for my phone call.

Soo..I picked up Aidan and Logan from school and got the “Littles” down for nap.
I called The Tumor Center and left a message.

Aidan was writing out his Valentine's and my Cousin called.

I said, “Hey!” and then Duke was beeping in.
So I pretty much hung up on her.

It was Dr. Friedman!

He's a pretty cut and dry kind of guy.
The phone call was something like this:

Me: Hello
Dr. F: This is Dr. Friedman.
Me: This is Carrie.
Dr. F: I looked at your scans and labs. You need surgery. This thing needs to come out. I emailed Dr. Grossi that. Dr. Grossi is fully capable, more than capable to take this thing out. If he wasn't I would let you know. After surgery you will need another scan and then we'll see you over here.
I will send him another email. If you have any issues you let me know, here is my pager number.....

And I babbled for about 30 seconds and that was it.

Uh yeah...an intense 2 or 3 minutes...


Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand then,

I called Dr. Grossi's office and my antsy pantsy self babbled her into confusion.
She put me on hold and got Dr. Grossi's PA, Ann near by. I apologized for my worse than normal babbling rant and did a little better.
It seems as if these two wonderful Ladies are going to hunt him down to see what's next.
So I am now awaiting the phone call with, “What's next.”

What I THINK is next is the “follow up” Dr. Grossi wanted us to have after meeting Dr. F.
Part of my ramblings (to Dr. G's office staff) were if I could have my appointment for the 19th back.
Again, I THINK what is left is for Dr. Grossi to walk us through the procedure, risks and expectations. After that we can schedule.

Andrew and I are both ready. Just go ahead and do it. On the 20th it will be a year since we first sat down with Dr. Grossi. That is 365 days to mull over what may or may not be and what we would do given either case.
We just want to get it over with.
I am going to feel like holy hell for at least a month, may as well get a head start on that. That means the sooner I can be feeling better and dealing with what else will come.


No comments: