YESTERDAY, while I was
running errands Duke called.
Yes, on a Saturday!!
They told Andrew that
first thing tomorrow, Dr. Allan Friedman will review my path labs and
scans. They will call Monday afternoon or Tuesday to set up my
appointment.
Soo...my Neurosurgeon is
one of the best in the area. He is “young” and Dr. A. Friedman
is his mentor. Thanks to my Mom's Bosses (they are Doctor's) they
have checked into my Neurosurgeon. They said his credentials are
fantastic and found that out (mentor thing...). They said his
medical schooling is phenomenal.
Dr. Allan Friedman is an
AMAZING Neurosurgeon. Look up his name. You will see...
Just for comfort for me I
looked up the Top Neurosurgeon's in the US.
There are 624
neurosurgeon's on this list.
Dr. Friedman has a star
next to his name. That means he is in the top 1%.
Yes, so my Neurosurgeon is
awesome and a protege of one of the top 1% in the Nation.
He (Dr.Grossi) is respected enough that one of the top 1% is willing review MY tumor.
It kind of makes me feel
the same I did when I watched George W. Bush speak at ECU.
Star struck..amazed...kind
of a cloud nine feeling...just this time wrapped in a nice blanket of fear too.
This entire situation is
now at 358 days in the making.
It is scary, overwhelming,
anxiety filled,denial.....and add about 1 billion other feelings in
there. (But still very hopeful throughout it all.)
I am not sure if there are
really a billion feelings but it sure feels like it!
Some moments it doesn't
feel real and others it sure does. Here and there for a few minutes I almost forget about it.
I am going to share what
Andrew said after he took that phone call:
“Shit just got real.”
I keep visiting the Duke
Tumor Center's web site and try to imagine myself walking up to it
the day of my appointment.
I have told Andrew that
there will probably be a stain or puddle on the ground following me
as we walk in there.
No comments:
Post a Comment