It may seem weird to some but overall curiosity gets the best of everyone.
That is why I had Andrew take pictures.
The first request I had was the photo from hours after surgery. I really wanted to know what it looked like and since I couldn't see it Andrew helped me out.
The next photo was one I had him send my Sister. It was also after all the numbness started to wear off I looked miserable but that is mostly because I realized how much it hurt to try to smile. I tried but not so good. I wanted to sent a picture to my Sister to show her Kids (if she wanted to show them). Last year not long after we found out our Church had their prayer blankets out after Mass. My Sister's Kids wanted to get me one. I found out one of my Friend's Mom is the one in charge of the Prayer Blanket Program.
I thought it was really sweet of them and felt guilty too. I felt guilty because I didn't (still don't) know if I am "sick." I then told Andrew that I was going to start sleeping with the blanket so it was familiar to me in the event of this tumor becoming more of a concern. That way it would be broken in. So I had him get the blanket out of my bag and lay it on me so the Kids (again, if she wanted to show them.) and her could see I had it with me.
Once home and after washing my hair on Tuesday evening I had Andrew take a photo of all the cuts on my head from the stereotactic cage and of the biopsy site.
![]() |
| The biopsy site after applying some ointment on it..so it really hides it. |
![]() |
| The mark on the back side of my head from the cage. |
![]() |
| On my hairline near my forehead make from the cage..this was the first one I found in the hospital. |
![]() |
| The smallest one was being my ear on the biopsy side. |





No comments:
Post a Comment