Sunday, February 3, 2013

Summary of the 8 days post biopsy

Here we are, practically two weeks post op.
Still no word on if there are any biopsy results. I am climbing the walls with anticipation and of course riding the roller coaster of life some days better than others.

The recovery went pretty well. Mainly I had a lot of pressure in my head and nausea. They gave me meds for nausea but it did not go away completely while taking it.
I still feel some of the disorientation but then again I have felt that for over a year now. It was more pronounced after the surgery though.

The Kids and Pups came home Tuesday by lunchtime.
Logan came home with hives on his legs and a rash all over the rest of his body. He was on an antibiotic.
Only because he had been sick for over 3 weeks and appeared to get better for 2 days only to get worse again. The week before my surgery I took him to the pediatrician and they gave him a script for the antibiotic. I jumped the gun because I was afraid that he would be a sick kid and have to go to the pediatrician within days of my surgery. I just knew we would have to go. Well sure enough we did but for the hives and rash.
My bad. Smooth move Mom!
Even thought I felt absolutely horrible I insisted on going with Andrew and Logan. Of course in our true family fashion there has to be a twist to it.
Not even a minute before the Nurse Practitioner came in Logan's nose began to bleed. For him it wasn't his typically gushing nose bleed but definitely not a drip drip kind of one.
Yeah.
So bottom line they say he is allergic to penicillin. A week later he still had the rash. He went in for allergy testing for food. (He's been tested before with no noted food OR penicillin issues.)
We heard today all tests are normal. Not even a hair on the line of “sensitive.”

Back to Tuesday..I felt terrible. Headache, pressure, nausea and super sensitive to noise. I stayed in our room to muffle the sounds of the Boys. I hated it but even the slightest noise caused me pain.
By the end of the day Sweet Baby D knew I was upstairs and he sat at the gate downstairs saying, “Mama, were are you??” Of course it was in his sweet baby voice with the wonderful 2 year old pronunciation. Andrew let him up and he came and laid on me. He is always constantly moving and climbing but that day he stayed still snuggling me for at least 30 minutes.

Wednesday was the first day back to school for the Big Boys. I dreaded being in the car. My Mom came to help as I could not pick up the Boys or drive. I felt incredibly nauseous and exhausted.

Thursday, Kate helped us out. I felt a little better not as exhausted just tired and still had nausea.

Friday there was a storm system moving in and I was in a state of constant motion sickness feeling without any help of any kind of motion...

I slept horrible. I prefer my left side but due to the soreness and the wretched stitch could not lay on the left side of my head. I also could not lay flat without feeling extra pressure in my head.  I slept propped up on pillows on my back or right side. In my sleep I would roll to my left and wake up to pain and move back.
After 8 days I could lay flat and sleeping was much better. This past Wednesday I got my stitch out so left sided sleeping is possibly only a little tender as long as I lay "just right". The numbness feelings completely subsided by day 8 also.

So here we are...still waiting and trying to find patience.
Hoping our Prayers for a conclusive biopsy are answered.
I think I am at the end of my waiting patience...

No comments: