Monday, February 11, 2013

I want a big fat cupcake...

Of course I am not going to ramble on about cupcakes. 
I really want one though...

I heard my phone chime when I pulled out of the carpool lane. It was an email from The Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center at Duke. 
That is a mouthful and so I call it "The Duke Brain Tumor Center."

The email was lengthy with lots of forms attached and the wording of things can move fast IF I do my part first. 

I got right to work.  Who wouldn't?!

I had a question and called.  They called back within 10 minutes. 

The woman I spoke with also said that I could very well expect a call from Dr. Friedman tonight. 

Whaattt?!!  Dr. Friedman?!!
I feel like I am waiting for a phone call from The President himself!!

So who knows...

Here is another clip of the email:
"...an appointment is scheduled, it will be a 2-day visit.  In addition to your time with the neuro-oncologist, your visit will include time with other members of our team, including a fellow, a nurse practitioner or physician assistant, a social worker, a child life specialist if appropriate, a nurse clinician for teaching and education, and other professionals that may be able to assist you and your family.  We work as a team – you and your family are at the center of our team."

Just a TAD overwhelming.  We are SO lucky we have access to people like this nearby.


I am staying busy throughout all of this.  I have project lists galore, laundry to clean, rooms to deep clean...Kids to play with...and really wish I was back in fantastic running shape because all the nervous energy could help me run a marathon in record time!

I got great News from Logan's Teacher today and that deserves it's own post though.  
It will come soon. :)

I can be gooey sentimental and day dreamer like...
For example:

This morning getting in the car to go drop Logan and Aidan off at their schools. 

I start the van and start strapping the Boys in. 
The radio is playing
Rodney Atkins


Immediately following was the song Andrew and I danced to on our Wedding Day. 
End of the month will be 8 years.  :)  
What a crazy 8 Years. 



No comments: