Thursday, February 14, 2013

What's in a name?

I got a phone call from Duke this afternoon.
It was Dr. Grossi.


We named the tumor.  We shall call it "Arnie the Astrocytoma"
--Andrew


OK..so it looks like after the resection is done I will need more scans. 

At that point Dr. Grossi and The "Friedmans" from The Tumor Center will collaborate again to see what the next step will be. 

It may be a "wait and watch" approach
or 
they may decide to do chemo. 

It all just depends on how the surgery goes and how my post-op scans look. 

Another phone call later
and
the resection is set for March 13. 

I have to have another Brain Lab Series the week before and go in for pre-testing too. 

The brain lab series is set for the 4th and I am waiting to hear about the pre-testing. 

We are also setting up our questions for Dr. Grossi. 

As for Andrew's interjection earlier in the post, an old co-worker of mine had a brain tumor 7 years ago.  Her advice was to name the Tumor to keep things light hearted. 
Her Tumor's name was Timmy.  

:) Sorry,  I want to make this more interesting however, Daniel is boycotting  nap this week and it turned 
U-G-L-Y tonight. 
I am spent. 

No comments: